Cameron Smith buys stake in Jacksonville private golf club to be renovated by Jim Furyk

#troy

Jax, FL
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Local private club here in Jax. Cam’s been looking for a home course since his move to LIV. Here’s one way to do it.

The Jacksonville, Florida-based private club was purchased Friday by local developer Corner Lot, which counts 2022 British Open champion Cam Smith as an investor and 2003 U.S. Open champion Jim Furyk as heading up the course renovation. Terms of the sale were not disclosed.

https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2024/...ivate-golf-club-to-be-renovated-by-jim-furyk/

This is such a clickbait kind of thing. (not the Op, the awful publication)

Company buys country club and Cam Smith is investor so therefore Cam Smith buys country club. haha

Probably right. Sounds like he could be involved a fair amount. Kinda cool Furyk doing the reno

Probably right. Sounds like he could be involved a fair amount. Kinda cool Furyk doing the reno
Makes sense, local guy, had property in there

Has Furyk done a lot of course design work or is this a new thing for him now that he's getting older?

Has Furyk done a lot of course design work or is this a new thing for him now that he's getting older?
Can’t say I’ve ever heard of Furyk designing a course. This could be great, could be terrible 🫣

Can’t say I’ve ever heard of Furyk designing a course. This could be great, could be terrible 🫣
Lot of phone booth tee boxes

Everyone has to start somewhere.

Back