Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke or Taylormade Qi10 driver ?

I tried both at demo days about 3 weeks apart from each other. I hit both a little better than my previous driver but felt the AI Smoke was a little better for me - possibly because I thought the fitter was better. Distance seemed to be about the same but the smoke just went straighter so that's what I got.

I agree with everyone that getting fit really helps. Also the technology is better, especially coming from an R7. I think every year they get a small amount better - the average person won't see huge improvements from one year to the next, but when you go 3 years (or 10+ years) those improvements really add up.

I tried both at demo days about 3 weeks apart from each other. I hit both a little better than my previous driver but felt the AI Smoke was a little better for me - possibly because I thought the fitter was better. Distance seemed to be about the same but the smoke just went straighter so that's what I got.

I agree with everyone that getting fit really helps. Also the technology is better, especially coming from an R7. I think every year they get a small amount better - the average person won't see huge improvements from one year to the next, but when you go 3 years (or 10+ years) those improvements really add up.
I think this is the gist of the 2 drivers. Callaway straighter.

TM, after a bunch of balls, has a potential big ball in it. But Callaway just doesn't move offline.

So went for fitting this weekend tried both in different shafts. The iq10 actually felt better and probably would have purchased it, but the gentleman helping me was so busy trying to correct my swing that I just walked out in frustration. I have a swing , it's not perfect, but I ended up telling him there is no sense buying a new driver until I work on my swing. I get someone trying to help, but I came in to buy a driver not get a lesson that is completely different than what my swing coach has me working on.
Do not blame you for walking out.

Back