Callaway fitting question

huhhh

Reaction score
Handicap
25.3 GRINT
Got an email that my course is hosting a Callaway fitting event. I set up an appointment, but there's no listed cost anywhere. Generally a red flag. I looked around online and only found prices from golftec or other listed fitters, nothing about Callaway's own events. Callaway's own website only tells me the event exists and gives a link to set an appointment (the same I used). I'm on a limited budget and can't drop $100-$200 just for information (even good info.). Anyone have any experience with Callaway mobile fitting events?

Got an email that my course is hosting a Callaway fitting event. I set up an appointment, but there's no listed cost anywhere. Generally a red flag. I looked around online and only found prices from golftec or other listed fitters, nothing about Callaway's own events. Callaway's own website only tells me the event exists and gives a link to set an appointment (the same I used). I'm on a limited budget and can't drop $100-$200 just for information (even good info.). Anyone have any experience with Callaway mobile fitting events?
Typically those kind of fittings are complimentary. The club hosts it and a Callaway rep will run the fitting in the hopes you place an order from the course.

Anyone have any experience with Callaway mobile fitting events?

My understanding is that golf courses, driving ranges, off course retail shops invite Callaway to have a fitting day It is up to the venue whether they charge for the fitting or offer discounts to the customers who purchase Callaway product that day. Around here the venues that do charge customers to attend the fitting make it a nominal amount, such as $15 to $20.

I've been to a handful of these fittings from different companies and there has never been a charge.

i've done that and it's always free

These Demo days are usually at no additional cost...

The fitting days have always been free of charge at all of the clubs that I belonged to. Definitely take advantage of the opportunity if you can.

I've been to a handful of these fittings from different companies and there has never been a charge.
^ This. I went to a Callaway demo day at a local course - they had several Trackman units on the range and several fitters helping people out. It's not as in-depth as going to, say, Club Champion and booking an hour-long fitting, but they do work with you, give you numbers and offer suggestions based on what they're seeing. And there's no charge for it.

I've been to a bunch of these with various manufacturers and never once had to pay. Some reps have given a slightly hard sell after the fitting is done, but I've never had to stump up upfront.

Great info, thanks. They did offer the choice of woods, irons, wedges at 30 min. or full bag at 1 hr.

Back