CaddyTrek R2 "Original"

Hinge & hold

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone used this cart? Looks to offer a lot at a little better price than most. Any recommendations on other electric/remote carts appreciated.
Also, the batcaddy x3r.

I have the R2. Yes it is a good price right now. And its features with remote and follow are fantastic. Have 15 rounds on mine without an issue.
Anyone used this cart? Looks to offer a lot at a little better price than most. Any recommendations on other electric/remote carts appreciated.
Also, the batcaddy x3r.

Since I purchased mine in December, two friends have seen it and bought one as well.

Our club started allowing electric trolleys about 5 years ago. Caddytrek R2s were the only ones allowed. So, I purchased a used R2 from my friend a couple years ago. Overall, I would recommend it considering the current price. I only know one member that actually uses the follow mode. Everyone else i see, uses the remote. The folding of the cart is somewhat cumbersome. It requires several steps, to set up and fold up. The top and bottom cradles are not great in keeping your bag secure and can scratch and wear down your bag/bag stand. Many of us have added pool noodles and other padding to avoid wear and tear on our bags. I've had to replace the remote and the battery that goes in the remote. Front wheels tend to wear down quick. Overall, the cart is noisy and not as snappy as some of other companies such as Moto and MGI. I recently purchased a MGI Ai Navigator GPS, and it's a much better experience vs. the R2. Much easier to set up and fold up. Much more responsive, and just overall less cluncky compared to the R2. Hope that helps you make your decision.

Our club started allowing electric trolleys about 5 years ago. Caddytrek R2s were the only ones allowed. So, I purchased a used R2 from my friend a couple years ago. Overall, I would recommend it considering the current price. I only know one member that actually uses the follow mode. Everyone else i see, uses the remote. The folding of the cart is somewhat cumbersome. It requires several steps, to set up and fold up. The top and bottom cradles are not great in keeping your bag secure and can scratch and wear down your bag/bag stand. Many of us have added pool noodles and other padding to avoid wear and tear on our bags. I've had to replace the remote and the battery that goes in the remote. Front wheels tend to wear down quick. Overall, the cart is noisy and not as snappy as some of other companies such as Moto and MGI. I recently purchased a MGI Ai Navigator GPS, and it's a much better experience vs. the R2. Much easier to set up and fold up. Much more responsive, and just overall less cluncky compared to the R2. Hope that helps you make your decision.
Thank you for the detailed description. I think that will definitely play into my decision.

Thank you for the detailed description. I think that will definitely play into my decision.
i use the follow feature every round. And I have nearly 40 rounds under my belt since purchasing my R2. I use the remote feature very seldom. If I’m at the back of the green and R2 is at the front. I’ll drive it around and meet me on the way to the next tee. Otherwise, I use the follow feature almost exclusively. You have to careful in real bumpy areas like big tree roots, abrupt cart path edges, anything that gets it bouncing hard or jumping. The R2 will momentarily lose contact with the remote and go a little spaztic. Of course the manual advises against taking it into those places. But I like finding and knowing it’s limits. I’ve become quite cognizant of those situations, so not a big deal. All my buddies are pretty amazed at how well it follows. it follows me into the rough, thru puddles, mud patches, up and down hills. The tire tread is quite aggressive so zero wheel slippage. It even follows me over fairly narrow bridges (wide enough for a riding cart). The remote limit appears to be 50-60 yards. When contact with the remote is lost, R2 will just stop. No having to chase the darn thing.

This was intrigues me. I'm in the market for a push/follow cart. It's a matter of how much I want to spend. But the follow feature is really great.

This was intrigues me. I'm in the market for a push/follow cart. It's a matter of how much I want to spend. But the follow feature is really great.
Money was a factor in my decision. Although models from Motocaddy and MGI had very good reviews, my mind had a tough time wrapping around spending $1,500+ on a remote caddy with less features. Especially when the R2 price dropped to $1,000. I have zero regrets in my purchase. Yes, those other models do offer a few conveniences. like a built in seat, handlebar controls (which I don’t need as mine follows me). USB for your phone. I bought a small stool that stays in my golf bag and I already had a charger block that stays in my bag.

You can't go wrong with the R2 at $999. It gets the job done.

Back