Recipe Butternut Squash Spinach Breakfast Bake

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
Ok, so this one might sound a little weird, and mine didn't look as pretty as the original recipe picture, but damn did it smell good while cooking and tastes even better!

Below is the link to the original recipe, I made some changes to mine, however. I Did liquid egg whites instead of eggs, added chicken breakfast sausage, subbed cinnamon for the nutmeg, a frozen spinach/kale mixture, and frozen rosemary butternut squash that I got at Costco.

IMG_3320.jpg

Oh yes! I’ve always loved this dish. I need to make it more often.

• Admin
Oh yes! I’ve always loved this dish. I need to make it more often.
It's so good, I was really skeptical, but wanted to give it a try, and was shocked how good it was, and it smelled amazing while cooking. Plus that entire dish is 4 servings, so you get a big serving too. My recipe as I made it came out per serving to:

Calories: 242
Fat: 11.3g
Carbs: 12.1
Protein: 22.6

It's so good, I was really skeptical, but wanted to give it a try, and was shocked how good it was, and it smelled amazing while cooking. Plus that entire dish is 4 servings, so you get a big serving too. My recipe as I made it came out per serving to:

Calories: 242
Fat: 11.3g
Carbs: 12.1
Protein: 22.6
This looks really good. Plus, those macros are awesome.

• Admin
This looks really good. Plus, those macros are awesome.
I was really surprised how much I liked it. I bet some blended cottage cheese added in there would work too and then up the protein too. Might have to cover and cook a little longer, but I might try that next time.

I was really surprised how much I liked it. I bet some blended cottage cheese added in there would work too and then up the protein too. Might have to cover and cook a little longer, but I might try that next time.
Blend the cottage cheese in the egg whites similar to the egg bites, ups the protein a bit and Im sure it would be phenomenal.

You lost me at cottage cheese.

I would go full JB cabbage rant on the stuff. 😂

• Admin

I love cottage cheese, have always loved cottage cheese, literally been eating it since I was able to eat solid food. With that said, you don't taste it in something like this if you were to add it, it gets blended up and just adds protein, you would never know it's there.

I'll give this one a try too, @GolferGal hasn't let me down yet

I wasnt either, but the Good Culture lactose free cottage cheese is amazing. Throwing it in the vitamix with egg whites and blending it really well, you dont even notice it, and it packs a huge amount of protein.

Back