Butt stiff vs. butt soft

mullie

Reaction score
Handicap
Is a butt stiff vs. butt soft in the same flex have to do with feel only? Does it have to do with how one loads the shaft? Fast tempo vs. smooth tempo? Ball flight?

Thanks,
mullie

Thanks bridges but I'm talking about the butt of the shaft.

Most people tend to gravitate towards 1 of 2 type of shafts:

1) butt soft, tip stiff shafts: These are true temper dynamic golds
2) butt stiff, tip soft shafts: These are royal precision shafts and also true temper black gold shafts

Most, not all, people like 1 or the other even if they can play with both MOST players have a preference. Try both, see which ones you like better THEN get that type fit for you.

Project X Shafts: Very butt stiff and more tip stiff than normal rifles

KB Tour shafts: A much more user friendly version of project x shafts; designed by the same guy who designed project x shafts too...Kim Braley which is where the KB comes from in the KB Tour shafts.

2 shafts that have the same stiffness but different profiles will play different. Butt soft/stiff tip is considered high bend point will launch lower then stiff butt/soft tip

Just learning a bit about this, as I'm trying to figure out which shafts I "should" like before purchasing.

Butt soft will feel less solid when waggling, and probably will feel less stiff overall. Normally, this club would feel smoother in the swing as well. I play a Harrison Saga like this, feels almost too whippy, but it's definitely a low spin shaft.

I stiffer butted shaft, like a Motore F1 or Proforce V2 will feel stiffer to flex, and more stable.

Just learning a bit about this, as I'm trying to figure out which shafts I "should" like before purchasing.

Butt soft will feel less solid when waggling, and probably will feel less stiff overall. Normally, this club would feel smoother in the swing as well. I play a Harrison Saga like this, feels almost too whippy, but it's definitely a low spin shaft.

I stiffer butted shaft, like a Motore F1 or Proforce V2 will feel stiffer to flex, and more stable.

There is nothing unstable about but soft/stiff tip shafts.

I like soft butts...:dance:

I love this site so much I can't stop creating accounts.

I just have a quick question here...what exactly was he banned for? Other than being a complete d-bag I didn't see him break any of the TOS rules. I'm all for a healthy environment but censorship at a high level also defeats the purpose of a public forum. If you feel more comfortable answering this in a private message feel free, as I don't wanna derail this thread.

Edit: I realize after the first banning he's just being completely ignorant now, just curious about the first.

let's see, it was soon after I pointed out how illogical Jay Vee was being. his entire original crusade was based on an erroneous assumption, because he chose to selectively read my post. rather than answer when I pointed this out, I got banned.

as far as "personal attacks," exactly what have the forum members here been doing?

one person here suggested at the next outing they try to test the "spring" effect on my head. I believe that qualifies as a physical threat, does it not? and that doesn't warrant banning?

the most amusing comments so far from the peanut gallery include, "angry intellectual," as if it's somehow an insult. It's a little better than being an "angry ignoramus," I suspect, but then I hear ignorance is bliss.

and then someone named Bridges chimes in with a new criticism that my original post was somehow deficient due to usage of the initials "POS." Have fun in sixth grade next year, Bridges. Because that assumption is the only way I can reconcile someone being offended by the usage of "POS" like this is some church forum or something.

Note the conspicuous silence by Jay Vee on my first point. He has no response. He just continues to get "intellectually" spanked.

wow! now i am certain that you are one highly over compensating person. i bet you drive a flashy sports car, and have product in your hair, and probably pay for companionship, and probably never made a sports team, never had a girlfriend in highschool, was the recipient of many swirlies and wedgies, so you took your intellect serious, and decided that one day, just one day you would find a golf related internet forum in order to execute the revenge of your life as an adolescent male!

you are one sad individual and i'm sure the only spanking you've been doing for the last few years has taken place in the confines of your bedroom!

wow! now i am certain that you are one highly over compensating person. i bet you drive a flashy sports car, and have product in your hair, and probably pay for companionship, and probably never made a sports team, never had a girlfriend in highschool, was the recipient of many swirlies and wedgies, so you took your intellect serious, and decided that one day, just one day you would find a golf related internet forum in order to execute the revenge of your life as an adolescent male!

you are one sad individual and i'm sure the only spanking you've been doing for the last few years has taken place in the confines of your bedroom!

Now that was funny! Liz read that and said, "I think I'd like TC", bwaaaaaaa

Back