Butch Harmon About Golf DVD Review

Hanks

On the Fringe
Reaction score
Handicap
bOOBs
The latest arrival to the NE office of THP is an instructional DVD by one of the best golf coaches on the planet, Butch Harmon. It's a 2 disc cornucopia of instruction and fitness tips totaling almost 4 hours that comes with an instruction booklet too which acts like a summary sheet for both DVD's. The booklet has specific tips geared toward everything from preventing slices to executing a flop shot. I'm really excited to review this and am looking forward to getting some fresh perspectives on how to fix some age old problems.

db35fa2a.jpg

99f506e2.jpg

dc46411e.jpg

I wonder if Titleist requires him to say that every golfer should use a Pro V1 or Pro V1x :alien:

Hope you pull some great tips out of it, looking forward to your full thoughts.

Very interested in your thoughts on this one Hanks, I love the way that Harmon approaches his teaching and the game.

When he was a pro here in Houston, he used to be on the radio all of the time... he is very funny and entertaining...

Looking foward to your review of this Hanks. Should be some great tips inside.

I bought a new set of grips from Golfworks and got this video included in my order. It was a nice surprise when I opened the box.

Sweet looking instructional dvd set there dude, I can't wait to hear how it goes for you. I hope you find some real value in it!

Saw an ad for this the other day thought it would be interesting. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

I wonder if Titleist requires him to say that every golfer should use a Pro V1 or Pro V1x :alien:

Hanks won't, he's a Callaway Staffer! You are getting this at a great time to prepare for July!

Should be packed with great info. I can't wait to hear your thoughts.

Butch Harmon Instructional DVD set

Butch Harmon Instructional DVD set

This year I am serious and determined to become a much better golfer. In years past I attempted to do this by just playing and practicing a lot. Based on results so far I'm not good at teaching myself something I don't know. I signed up for a series of 9 lessons from my PGA pro and I have also ordered a new instructional DVD set made by Butch Harmon.

The 2 DVD's have over 4 hours of instruction covering 57 chapters and more than 250 specific tips. I am going into this a bit skeptical but I am optimistic that these DVD's will offer good instruction that in conjunction with my PGA pro lessons will yield good results. One thing I like about the DVD's is the ability to go back go through a specific lesson at anytime. As I receive these and go through them I will keep you up to date on my thoughts and do my best to walk you through what these DVD's have to offer.

From the website: http://butchharmondvd.com/
SECTION 1: Ball Striking, Basic Fundamentals
1. Set Up
2. Grip
3. Grip Pressure
4. Stance
5. Ball Position
6. Pre-swing Posture
7. Waggle
8. Takeaway
9. Backswing
10. Head Position