ttucliffhanger

2024 Bag Boy Championship - Aqua Men
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Haven't seen a thread posted on this Laser GPS yet, so figured I'd start one for those that have it to review and drop comments in here. I have one on order and will be here tomorrow and I think there is 1 other THPer that has said they have one. Kind of a steep price at $599.99, but if it does what it says it does then I'm all for it. Once mine makes it in and I start using it, I will place review here.

1712072828011.png1712072868828.png1712072889107.png

I have lost too many rangefinders to drop $600 on one - especially with how affordable they have become, but looking forward to your thoughts on this.

I have lost too many rangefinders to drop $600 on one - especially with how affordable they have become, but looking forward to your thoughts on this.
I've had a couple of Bushnell's and I'm in the same boat. I haven't lost them but having had so many come across my desk which cost less than 50% to 75% less than this one, it's hard for me to justify the price.

My NX7 Pro and Shot Scope both bit the dust within a 3 week period and I track all my stats in Grint anyways and now coach will be helping optimize stats so wanted to try this. Also, I've not lost a range finder yet. Knock on wood, lol.

I've had a couple of Bushnell's and I'm in the same boat. I haven't lost them but having had so many come across my desk which cost less than 50% to 75% less than this one, it's hard for me to justify the price.
I waffled on the price for a bit, but decided to bite. lol

It's a quality brand from my time shooting, I can only expect it'll be just as good of quality in a range finder as well.

FedEx is stupid! Was in Nashville and supposed to be delivered yesterday, aaaaand they sent it to Georgia, so should get it in the next couple days.

FedEx is stupid! Was in Nashville and supposed to be delivered yesterday, aaaaand they sent it to Georgia, so should get it in the next couple days.
I’ve had such a bad run with all 3 companies lately. USPS, UPS, and FedEx. It’s been crazy.

I’ve had such a bad run with all 3 companies lately. USPS, UPS, and FedEx. It’s been crazy.
Yeah. I mean the package was literally 2 hours from my house and then shipped to a different state. lol Praying they can get it to me before I fly to TX next week lol

Yeah. I mean the package was literally 2 hours from my house and then shipped to a different state. lol Praying they can get it to me before I fly to TX next week lol
I had a package last week that was 3 miles from me and somehow took 3 days to get delivered from there.

I had a package last week that was 3 miles from me and somehow took 3 days to get delivered from there.
I believe it. Back when we got the bad weather the UPS delivered one package to me with the other on the truck and then stated 3 days in a row he couldn't get down to deliver the other package...I was PO'd to say the least.

@ttucliffhanger still no time for me to use mine. It snowed yesterday!!!!!! :mad:

next week we'll have 60s and 70* weather so hoping to get out and play next weekend. I'm sure you'll have a few rounds in before i get to it

One thing i noticed between the previous X3 and my other rangefinder (Nikon Coolshot Pro2 Stabilized) is how much I really enjoy the stability and the clearer image display of the Nikon over the Bushnell.

Spring golf is very windy here so im excited to see how the new features of the X3+ work

Im right here with you. Two have been left on the cart thanks to the magnet tech haha

Im right here with you. Two have been left on the cart thanks to the magnet tech haha
dude...... the damn magnet tech has been the biggest pain in the ass for me lol. The previous X3 was the first range finder ive owned that had it and i left it on the cart 7 times last year! Luckily im the first one that has to leave after our permanet tee time so one of my buddies will take the cart back and always (so far) grabs it for me.

Ill always remember my other range finder bc i put it in the cart with my 3 pack of balls so i always remember to grab my stuff from there

It made it today. Man it seems nice. Should get it out Saturday after drill.

So had my first round with the X3+ today and I really liked it. Stupid on me for trying to connect it to the app for the first time via reading instructions in a hurry. Couldn’t figure it out but did once I got back to my hotel room. That being said it locked really quick in the flags. Did notice once Sun started setting it was a little harder to lock on to the flag but that was just the last couple holes. Really enjoyed the unit though all in all. Didn’t use the red but switched it when I was pairing it with my phone. Very happy with my purchase so far. The Bite Magnet worked fantastic! Also, I put it right below my phone mount so it’s a grab them both scenario to lessen the chance to leave it on the cart. Hoping to get out when I fly to Texas Wednesday so should get another round with it.

So got my first round in with the wind feature working/set up. It worked great. Still suck at judging distances in 20+ mph wind but the feature was really nice. Downside was that it had to be calibrated pretty much every time I took it off the cart when the magnet was used, but it states that in the manual. Just takes a couple of figure 8 motions to reset the compass inside it so not super time consuming. I reeaaalllly like this range finder.

So got my first round in with the wind feature working/set up. It worked great. Still suck at judging distances in 20+ mph wind but the feature was really nice. Downside was that it had to be calibrated pretty much every time I took it off the cart when the magnet was used, but it states that in the manual. Just takes a couple of figure 8 motions to reset the compass inside it so not super time consuming. I reeaaalllly like this range finder.
Sounds like slow play.
I used this one side by side vs the Shot Scope Pro ZR and it just felt slow, so use that one.

With that said glad you like it

Sounds like slow play.
I used this one side by side vs the Shot Scope Pro ZR and it just felt slow, so use that one.

With that said glad you like it
I mean it still works without the wind, but if you want wind figured in you make a couple figure 8s. If not point and shoot. I appreciate the feedback. 👊🏻

@ttucliffhanger how's it going with the x3+ so far?? I used it sunday and it felt the same as the X3.

It was a windy day and i could not figure out how to get the wind speed and direction to show up on the range finder. I went through setup mode and turned it on but the lop left corner was always blank just showing dashes.

I've always preferred the red reticles in range finders and this one is no exception. The red display is super bright and very easy to read

@ttucliffhanger how's it going with the x3+ so far?? I used it sunday and it felt the same as the X3.

It was a windy day and i could not figure out how to get the wind speed and direction to show up on the range finder. I went through setup mode and turned it on but the lop left corner was always blank just showing dashes.

I've always preferred the red reticles in range finders and this one is no exception. The red display is super bright and very easy to read
Oh I love the red. This is my first rangefinder with it. In regards to the wind, did you have the app open on your phone? I just ask bc it has to be open (not displaying on your phone screen) to get it to work. I had no issues with the wind feature the one round I’ve used it with it active and it was suuuuppper windy that day.

Oh I love the red. This is my first rangefinder with it. In regards to the wind, did you have the app open on your phone? I just ask bc it has to be open (not displaying on your phone screen) to get it to work. I had no issues with the wind feature the one round I’ve used it with it active and it was suuuuppper windy that day.
I guess i didnt read that far in to it lol. I dont even have the app. So the app has to be open in order for it to read the wind???

I keep the arccos app open when i play and have been using that for wind readings.

I guess i didnt read that far in to it lol. I dont even have the app. So the app has to be open in order for it to read the wind???

I keep the arccos app open when i play and have been using that for wind readings.
You have to have the app to get the wind feature to work bc it connects via Bluetooth to your phone. But yes you keep it open, but minimized

So had my first round with the X3+ today and I really liked it. Stupid on me for trying to connect it to the app for the first time via reading instructions in a hurry. Couldn’t figure it out but did once I got back to my hotel room. That being said it locked really quick in the flags. Did notice once Sun started setting it was a little harder to lock on to the flag but that was just the last couple holes. Really enjoyed the unit though all in all. Didn’t use the red but switched it when I was pairing it with my phone. Very happy with my purchase so far. The Bite Magnet worked fantastic! Also, I put it right below my phone mount so it’s a grab them both scenario to lessen the chance to leave it on the cart. Hoping to get out when I fly to Texas Wednesday so should get another round with it.
IMG_0091.jpeg
I solved this problem by placing a light gray silicone cover on mine. I haven’t forgotten it since as it stands out more.IMG_0091.jpeg

Last edited:
Back