Bryson doesn't really care how you put your hands on the club and other interesting tidbits.

Luchnia

You will never conquer golf.
Reaction score
Handicap
Watched Bryson instructing on how he swings the golf club and he makes some rather fascinating statements, especially about your grip, which would probably make a lot of coaches cringe. He basically says he doesn't care how you grip it as long as it works for you. Watching Bryson's swing really shows how his upper body is glued together when he swings. It looks very rigid, but it works for him.

He hits on some key points like the upper body triangle. He also turns the upper part of his left arm toward the inside and somehow moves the lower part outward. My arm doesn't do that and it looks really weird to me. :p

i agree 100% about De Chambeau's opinion on the golf grip. What ever works.
I agree too. I know early last year I kept playing with my grip and making it overly strong with the driver, but it simply never felt right. I think all it did was mask a swing problem which was what needed correcting instead of the grip. My best days and longest drives with the driver was when there was not one thought about the grip at all. Maybe not for everyone, but too much emphasis on hands and grip have proven not good for my game.

Left arm internal rotate at the shoulder and forearm external rotate that doesn’t not work for me. However external rotate at the shoulder and left forearm internal rotate (strong position) I prefer.

There are many variations and nuanced manoeuvres in golf stroke , some have commonalities some don’t , what fundamentally works for one individual should not influence another as the anatomical and physical , and stroke an mental development of a different individual will influence the execution of the stroke .

What we should be doing is appreciate that’s it simply getting the golf ball from A to B albeit a slight different motion of movement … that’s all .

The rest , really is superfluous , eg , pros and that magnitude of player make incremental adjustment that’s worked on and analytically measured against what their previous realist were in looking for improvement.

How that relates to an entirely different individual is beyond me…

Own your own swing and enhance that .

👍

Oh No ! The longest hitter on tour and 2020 U.S. Open winner is talking about how the right HAND should be used to hit through the ball. What is he thinking ? Shouldn’t he be teaching this student how to use his legs and lower body ? Nah , Bryson knows better .

Bryson and lessons...How to create :poop: see above

Oh No ! The longest hitter on tour and 2020 U.S. Open winner is talking about how the right HAND should be used to hit through the ball. What is he thinking ? Shouldn’t he be teaching this student how to use his legs and lower body ? Nah , Bryson knows better .
I almost spit my drink out while reading your post contradicting what Bryson actually said. You are hilarious making Bryson a liar. I needed a good laugh! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Hey I have that Topo shirt!

Bryson out here on YouTube a lot in the last few months.

I almost spit my drink out while reading your post contradicting what Bryson actually said. You are hilarious making Bryson a liar. I needed a good laugh! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

It's insane how people will not listen to anything he says because of their preconceived bias. It's not scripture but a lot of what he does is not that radically different than what modern instructors look for. So many people denying concepts that are potentially much easier to apply and learn to their own game.

I sincerely hope that your post was made sarcastically! If not, I would ask just how many PGA Tour events have you won? What I took from those vids is not the grip, nor arms, or anything else. It's BODY MOVEMENT! As I got older and lost flexibility, I started swinging a golf club basically by just flapping my arms around. I can testify that that does NOT work! There's another thread on this page about chipping yips. Guess what solved that for me. That's right, body movement. You must make a real swing. Admittedly, it's a small one, but it still needs its basic elements.

I sincerely hope that your post was made sarcastically! If not, I would ask just how many PGA Tour events have you won? What I took from those vids is not the grip, nor arms, or anything else. It's BODY MOVEMENT! As I got older and lost flexibility, I started swinging a golf club basically by just flapping my arms around. I can testify that that does NOT work! There's another thread on this page about chipping yips. Guess what solved that for me. That's right, body movement. You must make a real swing. Admittedly, it's a small one, but it still needs its basic elements.
Ignore button

Actually, I was not being sarcastic and what does my having won or not having won a PGA event have to do with it ? I was just pointing out what I heard him saying and what my eyes saw. He pointed out how the HANDS should perform .

He can hold the golf club any way he wants. It's working for him.
That's exactly what Bryson said actually. It has to be comfortable for the individual.

That whole external/internal rotation thing is gonna have to wait until it’s not 1am for me to understand. However, mimicking the motions it felt more stable on half pitch swings.

I was watching the Sony tournament and they were talking about Furyk's swing. Nothing conventional about his swing but it works.
Furyk, Wolfe , Miller Barber all lifted the shaft back outside in a unconventional manner , but they ALL rerouted the shaft back down behind their torso during the DS in order to attack the ball on an inclined arc from inside - which is mandatory ! The angle of their shaft to the ground at impact varies only a few degrees from players whose BS is flatter .
Jim Furyk position his ball at address closer to his feet that any player . Therefore , forcing his HANDS to be farther back behind his right hip than most . This causes his crunched up look during his DS. It certainly has not hurt his game , though .
The BS is the least important part of the swing , but has been the most over taught , over emphasized , over analyzed and made way to complicated. That is a shame. The DS is way more important and requires much more knowledge and effort to be performed correctly .

Jeez another thread

Back