Brother is starting golf

dustklose

Re-Addicted
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 8.9
So after my taking him out golfing a month ago, my brother is hellbent on going out again. He wants to buy clubs, but with him being in school, doesn't have the funds for a brand new set.

I already told him I would give him my Wilson Staff Di9 irons, but we are looking for a relatively cheap, but very good driver, and fairway woods. He really likes the Big Bertha Diablo driver. And I have noticed them being on sale lately.

Any other recommendations to pick up a driver/fw wood/putter/maybe wedges for around 400$.

Thanks in advance

You can get him an entire set of Nickents, including driver, wedges, and putter for probably less than that and know that you are getting extremely high quality stuff.

You may want to check the used club dept. at golf stores or pro shops. There may be something of interest. Esp. at golf stores, they're pretty much in still good-playable condition :)

Dont know about driver/woods/putter, but I absolutely love Gigagolf's SGS wedges! Starting at $19.50 including a quality shaft, you can get a whole set and choose which wedges to bag based on the course. Available in regular, black, and oil can finishes. Very similar to Cleveland's CG12 wedges.

http://www.gigagolf.com/index.jsp?af=wedges

I gotta go with JB on this one. You can still find great deals on the Nickents and they are fantastic. I've pretty much switched my driver over to the 4DX and also the iron's. Everyone seem's to love their hybrids.

Rockbottomgolf.com still has some Nickent Arc Wedges for $29.99.. Some of the best I have hit and they are very forgiving. Very soft feel and easy to hit. I have played CG14's and a few others too. Rockbottom also has good deals on drivers and FW's.

Couple other sites are 3balls.com (good deals on cleveland putters) and calloway's used site.

I have been going through (they are getting into golf now) the same things with my brothers. Been great playing with them, fun and more relaxing since they really put me at ease on the course.

Thanks guys, I forgot all about Nickents offerings. I will have him check them out for sure

I second the used stuff except for the wedges. Game new ones and that sale at rock bottom is good. 3balls is a very reputable site (that's where I got my Cleveland Launcher hybrid). Nickents for everything else and you got yourself a quality set.

I would get a Cleveland Hi-Bore XLS which on 3balls.com is used for 89.95,906 F4 3 Wood Taylor Made Burner 5 Wood and a Cleveland Classics Putter

I just ordered a used '08 Tour Burner from GlobalGolf for $99.00 less 25% coupon for buying a used left handed club. Woohoo.

Buy a used driver. Nothing beats Callaway Pre-owned for service and condition of clubs. They're not the cheapest, but the warranty the clubs and I have never received one that didn't look brand new.

Kevin

Back