Broom Stick Chipper.

WLG1952

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
N/A
I have been messing around with a broom stick rail gun putter. So much so, that when I grabbed my 8i to chip, I place my top hand on the 8i like I do on the long putter.

So, on a lark, since I had a 8i head laying around, and broon stick shaft doing nothing, I put the two together. I would assume it's not a legal club. I know I've never seen one before.

This morning, with the glue dried, I gave it try. After some figuring out, I started hitting some decent chips from 5 foot off the green. Just having some fun.

Of course other golfers on the chipping green entered into a conversation over it. Thought it was unique. Some had to tell me it was an illegal club.

One older guy however, after stroking a few balls, asked if it were for sale. I told him no, that it was just a goofy, spur of the moment idea. He said he was going to build one for himself. That with his bad back, it would be one less club he'd have to bend over to use. He wouldn't care of the legality, since he only plays for fun.

Interesting thought for bad backs.

Nice. Interesting concept. I have built some Frankenstein clubs before as well. Mainly long putters and putters with odd grips I made to lock to your arm to the putter, but now they actually manufacture and sell them, so I can just buy.

I feel like we need some pictures here.

that sounds fun, I love a good Frankenstein club story

Back