Bridgestone Collegiate Beanie - User Review

adwillingham

2024 Vokey Experience
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
While it is not cold enough to put this to good use yet, one of the new Bridgestone Collegiate Beanies displaying my alma mater of the University of Alabama showed up at my door step.

Everything stated in the original thread about the quality of these appears to be spot on. This is a nice knit hat with very appropriate colors for this version. Striped showing "Alabama" on the front side and "Roll Tide" on the back. The script A on the front is 3D and is beautifully stitched. Similarly, on the reverse side, Bridgestone Golf is stitched in an appropriate color scheme. Based on the design, you could really wear this beanie with either side showing out front. The multicolored pom at the top finishes this off with a look that is classically retro.

IMG_1861_zpsq7tudzzh.jpg

IMG_1862_zpsbzwa9nzz.jpg

It's a bit warm today, but donning the beanie, you can tell it is plenty warm for those cool weather days on the course, at the game, or wherever. Even with my big ole noggin (7 5/8 fitted size), there was plenty of room and length to comfortably get my ears covered without it being way too big on my somewhat smaller headed son.

51cac132-e304-4873-adf6-a77110fe6459_zpseruyzcdp.jpg

IMG_1864_zps51yvqrot.jpg

All in all, this really seems like a quality piece (Bridgestone rarely if ever puts their name on something otherwise). After seeing the original thread, I wondered about the $30 price point, but for logoed apparel of this quality, it is by no means out of line. I like that Bridgestone is producing some licensed hat lines that use the school or team as the prominent design. This is definitely something I will use in my golf bag and in general as weather dictates.

Last edited:
Looks great AD. I want one I think

Looks great AD. I want one I think

You'd look great in a Bama one, way to jump on the bandwagon...oh wait, that is not what you meant? :act-up:

Seriously though, this thing is very well made. I'm going to have to hide it because my kids keep stealing it.

Since DOnne has blessed this was BigNogginApproved, Im going to get a OSU one today

looks great. Was worried it was really long, but it looks much better than I originally thought. Will be picking up an OSU one sometime soon.

Quick update...while I didn't need it for long out here Saturday morning, I did have my beanie with me while the temps were in the mid/low 40s. Very warm and a fun way to jab at the local Tennessee fans I work with.

On a different note, I was at the PGA SS in Kennesaw, GA yesterday and they did have the UGA version for sale among the other winter gear.

Back