Brickyard Crossing....worth the $$$?

TripleBogieTim

Long lost sheep
Reaction score
Handicap
my swing
I will be in Indianapolis June 12-16th for a work conference. I get in pretty early on Sunday the 12th and was contemplating bringing the sticks and trying to get a round in at the Brickyard Crossing.

It's $100 to play and I will be a single(Unless there are any local THPers that want to play) so I will be paired up....my question is the course worth it? I kinda want to play it more for the novelty of the holes in the infield...kind of a bucket list thing...but if the course isn't that great I probably wont bring my sticks at all.

The conditions are hit or miss.Reminds me of the ASU golf course in Glendale.No one hole really stands out to remember it,almost like your just standing in an open field in the middle of the track.Take the tour instead,cheaper better views and educational as well.

I've heard it's not really all that memorable, I've never played it but I know several who have. If you want to play it for the bucket list type thing, then go for it but I wouldn't expect it to be the best course you have ever played, I think you already know that though.

I'm not sure what's going on then but if I'm free I would be willing to get a round in with ya. I'm sure there's some other Indy guys that would as well.

While I've never played it, I've driven by the course a number of times when visiting the city, as my wife's family lives in a west Indy suburb and we drive through Speedway a number of times every time we're up there. There's nothing about looking at it from the outside that appeals to me. It's novel, sure, with the speedway being right there, but that's not enough for me to drop $100 on. I'd save a few $ and head out to The Fort Golf Course northeast of the city. It's just outside the beltway, not much further than getting out to Speedway from downtown. Much nicer area overall too. The Speedway area is not memorable at all.

I think there was a THP event at The Fort not too long ago, so there are probably some good pictures and accounts of the course around here somewhere.

I've walked the holes that are in the infield and glanced at the rest of the course when I went to the race a couple years ago. It was very cool being in the infield, but the course itself looks decent, nothing amazing. But if you are an Indy fan I would go ahead and play it, and see if you can wrap a track tour into it. It's a very neat place for a motorsports fan.

I would say that for $100 there are better courses to play in Indy. However if you want to see the track and get to know some of its history, I think it is $20 for a pretty decent tour and that includes admission into their museum.

Let me know if you are interested in getting a round in while you are here and we can tee it up.

So it's kinda how I figured...definately not $100 course except for the being next to the speedway and having holes in the infield. I appreciate everyone's help...GregDan and amsmith61 I will let you guys know a little closer if I am going to bring the sticks along.

Back