Breaking Pinehurst - Random Golf Club Films

TRyan

Granddaddy 2X | GOAT Cup Champ | Gray Bull Bound
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Not sure if anyone else follows Erik Anders Lang, or the Random Golf Club folks, but I think the Breaking series is absolutely fantastic.

The premise of these is they take 3 "random" golfers, with varying skill levels and have them compete on PGA Tour courses all the way from the back tees to see what they would shoot.

Here is the first episode of the Breaking Pinehurt series, it is in 4 parts.

Curious if anyone else watches, and what you think.

I was turned onto 'Breaking Sawgrass' last week and really enjoyed that. It was the first time watching any of their content and now I'm a fan. Will check this one out too!

I watched all four episodes and it was mildly entertaining. The 8 and 19 handicap was a bloodbath. It was odd to put the female scratch from the men's US Open tees but she did pretty well for that much distance.

I generally like watching his stuff. I haven't seen those yet. I do think putting higher handicaps at the back tees is a recipe for disaster.

I watch almost all of these. I’ll watch all the golf content I can. This one was pretty fun.

Liz was a super star and one of the best characters they have had on the show. Eric’s cousin was alright. Seems like a good guy.
Chris was a good guy too. People are roasting him for being a vanity cap. I feel bad for him. Playing on camera like that from the tips at a us open course has to be absolutely nerve wracking.

I've only started watching, but I fail to see why they'd make the female scratch golfer play from the tips.

Would the LPGA ladies play from the tips there?

I've only started watching, but I fail to see why they'd make the female scratch golfer play from the tips.

Would the LPGA ladies play from the tips there?

Not sure the logic behind it other than she is the first female they have had, and they have ALWAYS played from the back tees.

I tend to agree with you it would have made more sense to have Liz play from a different box, but maybe she wanted the challenge? She definitely has some game.

Not sure the logic behind it other than she is the first female they have had, and they have ALWAYS played from the back tees.

I tend to agree with you it would have made more sense to have Liz play from a different box, but maybe she wanted the challenge? She definitely has some game.
First drive was a solid shot.

I just think it's silly to make women play from locations even the LPGA wouldn't consider. Would have been fun to see what she can do from a real set of tees (ladies tips).

I finished the series today. I agree Liz is a baller but cousin Mark w/his super strong grip was fun to watch, and Chris with club twirls made me laugh.

First drive was a solid shot.

I just think it's silly to make women play from locations even the LPGA wouldn't consider. Would have been fun to see what she can do from a real set of tees (ladies tips).

Regardless of tees, man this course is TOUGH. It would absolutely eat my lunch

Back