Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Par

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Bogey

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Double or worse

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Tee shot would leave me to the right of the fairway, behind the tree-ish.

So, my second shot, which would be from about 150 with a PW, would have to be a low runner, or depending how far from the tree I am, having to play a high fade, which I can do, but the landing would be tough. Playing a low shot would likely leave me left front of green, more than likely off of it.

High fade for a second shot would bring the bunkers in to play. This is the shot that I would most likely go with, and hope it doesnt leave me in the bunker.

After that I am looking at a wedge on to the green and more than likely, depending on pin placement a two putt and hopefully avoiding a 3-putt.

I'm assuming I make bogey.

Very good finishing hole. All starts with the tee shot. Hit a good one and the hole is getable. Off line off the tee and problems lurk all around.

If you place it on us, you will win.

ddec + The Elbow = throwing coins in the Ballybrook.

Why not just go #fullpurple?

you never go full purple.

tropic thunder and almost breaks character completely GIF

Nothing like finishing w/ a 3-4 putt. Crazy green.

Rip a driver, hit the green, get on a stupid ridge and lip out a putt. About right.

I got par every time I played this hole. Best drives of the entire trip were on this hole. That green is WICKED though if you’re in the right spot. Funny that that sentence describes almost every green on property, but it’s extra here because the green is so incredibly large.

This is where extra putting a chipping happens at night though so most will be very familiar with it by the time it’s actually time to play here

Absolutley fantastic finishing hole

Rip a driver, hit the green, get on a stupid ridge and lip out a putt. About right.
What should have been the winning putt
Frustrated Head GIF

Fantastic looking finishing hole. I can see myself being easily blocked out by a tree or hitting from tall grass, leaving me short of the green in 2. I'd be scrambling as best I can but would probably walk away with a bogie.

This kind of shows perspective of the green size as well. Look how far away they are lol
IMG_7909.jpeg

Another...
20230521_202515.jpg

• On Fire
Reactions: J4U
Man this just screams blow up hole for me. I think I'm going to take my 2 hybrid off the tee and stay back of the tree and bunker so I can have a second shot. Even then, it's a pretty long shot in and that's assuming I stayed in that tight looking fairway. I'm thinking bogey is a good score here for me.
1714060468028.png

Man this just screams blow up hole for me. I think I'm going to take my 2 hybrid off the tee and stay back of the tree and bunker so I can have a second shot. Even then, it's a pretty long shot in and that's assuming I stayed in that tight looking fairway. I'm thinking bogey is a good score here for me.
View attachment 9260740
Scared money don't make money. That green needs a precise shot, so laying back makes that harder.

View attachment 9260740
You could wind up with a GIR that way and still have a 120ft putt

Scared money don't make money. That green needs a precise shot, so laying back makes that harder.
It's not scared, it's playing to take the big number out of the equation. 2 hybrid should get me down in the fairway and about 165-175 to the middle of the green. That gives me the best shot at an easy 7i and not trying to shape around a tree or come out of bunkers. Playing the percentages!

this picture has me seriously considering putting a hybrid back in the bag just for putting on this green.

I like this strategy. I'm actually half way decent putting with a hybrid.

Driver, aim left, hope the baby fade works and gets some roll to the fairway, avoid the tree, hit the green in two and hope it's less than 3 putts once there.

Then get a drink and reminsce on how Ballyhack likely kicked my ass, but I enjoyed every second of it.

I love this hole! Plus, the green is absolutely amazing, and we will spend a lot of time at night there

I love having a clear aiming point like the tree to hit a draw off of. Hopefully pull that off with driver and get it out there 250+ in the left fairway with no tree issues.

My first round here I flew it wide right on basically onto the practice putting green, tough little fairway to hit. Green is super big and super sloped..middle front pin is ideal

For a straight par 4, I think 18 is visually pretty awesome. Elevated tee, theoretically a fairway shaped bowl (bounces and high fescue not withstanding), the beautiful tree (unless you are behind it), clubhouse up the right, amphitheater green setting with the cottages on the left, obviously the huge green with the elephants buried in the corners.

It does play a bit long with the uphill second shot, but all obviously depends on hitting the fairway off the tee and then being in the right part of the green. All the slopes on the green make putts challenging day or night. We don't need to talk about how I played this hole and disturb the aesthetics.

Pretty finishing hole and one you look back down when you have putted out and just take in Ballyhack's beauty one more time.

We played the White tees here at 401 yards on the card.

Back