Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Par

• Bogey

• Double or worse

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hopefully driver is still working after the turn, it's been a little light switch like recently.

In my head I'm up the left side and most likely laying up to a comfortable yardage to go for the green in 3, gross par and walk off happy.

Starting hole of the entire Budget Championship last year…net triple. I love this hole

Another 5 par that just doesn't pay to get after. Just take what it gives.. Going for and missing the green looks like death..

I do remember being back left on the green and pin in the front and that putt was a great wake up call for the speed of the greens.

It feels like this hole just gets tighter and tighter the closer you get to the green. The visuals on the layup are intimidating.

I hit a ball from the right rough and just about broke my wrist.

Starting hole of the entire Budget Championship last year…net triple. I love this hole

Nowhere to go but up!

naruto shippuden GIF

when we've played this hole on the simulator, it goes one of two ways:
1) fairway, fairway, green
2) right pit of doom, right chasm of despair, right below and blocked, biploi

i think for me it's driver, 7w, wedge as those are clubs i generally can keep in front of me.
the 3w will be whispering at me, but i tend to hit a cut that can oversteer right on the finish so i can't listen to it.

Loving these breakdowns. Can't wait to get out and play

3 shot hole for me so hopefully my approach will be within kick in distance, so my 2-putt saves a par and I avoid 3-putts! :cautious:

Think I went par/double bogey on this one. It was fun from what I remember.

Driver up the left side and a lay back shot to about 110-120, thinking I should be able to get down in 3 from there.

I’d probably get bogey. Fade off the left edge of the fairway turns into a draw, iron shot goes short turning it into a 4 shot hole, on in 4 and 2 putt. Maybe this fade off the tee I’m learning to hit helps some and I can walk away with par but the scar tissue is already there.

Upon further review and the help of My Strategy, this looks like I might be able to go after it in two if the drive finds the short stuff. Second shot play a little fade off the left edge of the green. If I miss a little left and find the bunkers, they don't look as bad as the bunkers short right. I think this might be a birdie hole after all.
1713202918639.png

Upon further review and the help of My Strategy, this looks like I might be able to go after it in two if the drive finds the short stuff. Second shot play a little fade off the left edge of the green. If I miss a little left and find the bunkers, they don't look as bad as the bunkers short right. I think this might be a birdie hole after all.
View attachment 9257432
How long off a drive is it giving you there?

We'll pick our spots - but we won't be hitting any par 5s in two.
I love that Shot Scope assumes I'm going to be hitting a good enough one to be going for it :ROFLMAO:

I love that Shot Scope assumes I'm going to be hitting a good enough one to be going for it :ROFLMAO:
If I was half as good as my shotscope thinks I am, I would be very happy with my game.

If I was half as good as my shotscope thinks I am, I would be very happy with my game.
Half? Give me 25%! I went through the my strategy for all of Ballyhack in prep for the Mitsubishi event. I'm thinking I should shoot 3 over max based on that :ROFLMAO:

I enjoyed this hole. One of the more comfortable 5s for me to get home in regulation, so really just a question of the flat stick. Par or bogey 8 times out of 10

I think 10 was probably my favorite par 5, although I give Ballyhack credit for having four par 5s that are different from each other and each enjoyable in their own right.

Kind of like 9, the caddies will tell you to stay up the left as much you can since fairway slopes some down to the right. They suggested the left side of bunker you can see straight down the fairway as the sight line. If you miss the fairway left, you can still get a club on the ball to lay up, but if you miss right my any decent margin it gets to really tough stances again.

Longer hitters will be able to go for this green with caution of the landing area short sloping hard left to right toward a very unpleasant hole/ravine that falls way down below the fairway/green level.

I laid up both times as the area 100-120 yard short is pretty wide and inviting compared to what I mentioned above. The green is pretty wide left and right, but I did manage a par on day 1.

We played the White tees here at 508 yards on the card.

Last edited:
Back