Breaking Cabo - Random Golf Club Films

TRyan

Granddaddy 2X | GOAT Cup Champ | Gray Bull Bound
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I started a thread for the Breaking Pinehurst series but felt Cabo needed its own thread.

RGC Films is back with another Breaking Series, this time in Cabo at Solmar Golf Links, a Greg Norman design that looks absolutely INCREDIBLE.

Two of the three episodes are out now, I assume the other one will come out today.

I like RGC. I’ll have to give these a watch when i get the chance

I like the videos they do. Definitely check these out.

Spoiler alert, they play slow and were asked to move because the other golfers were annoyed having to wait for the filming.

Spoiler alert, they play slow and were asked to move because the other golfers were annoyed having to wait for the filming.

Allegedly it was twosomes behind them. However, I imagine filming 3 people on every shot is probably a bit slower than a normal 3-some playing. It isn't like these guys were hacking it all over the place.

Allegedly it was twosomes behind them. However, I imagine filming 3 people on every shot is probably a bit slower than a normal 3-some playing. It isn't like these guys were hacking it all over the place.
Not sure the point of putting Claire at 7200 yds or the 20 capper all the way back there. I will watch Claire play anything though. :ROFLMAO:

Also the 17th hole on the course looks like the most amazing place on earth. It is in the second episode but still.

Not sure the point of putting Claire at 7200 yds or the 20 capper all the way back there. I will watch Claire play anything though. :ROFLMAO:

This is how they have done every single breaking series - They had a female golfer play the tips at Pinehurst.

I'm enjoying watching it. I've been watching Claire from way back when she was a part of Golfholics and know what a great golfer she is.

I will say, Dave Fink is not presenting a good look. Constant excuses, some bad golf, and supposedly a scratch player / instructor. He feels like a guy with a vanity cap who gets smacked in the face when he has to play straight up. That said, he's playing in front of cameras and from the tips on a challenging course so I should probably give him a break, but he just gives off a bit of a slimy vibe. Probably the first person on RGC I haven't cared for.

I think Erik does amazing production

I'm enjoying watching it. I've been watching Claire from way back when she was a part of Golfholics and know what a great golfer she is.

I will say, Dave Fink is not presenting a good look. Constant excuses, some bad golf, and supposedly a scratch player / instructor. He feels like a guy with a vanity cap who gets smacked in the face when he has to play straight up. That said, he's playing in front of cameras and from the tips on a challenging course so I should probably give him a break, but he just gives off a bit of a slimy vibe. Probably the first person on RGC I haven't cared for.

I don't disagree - Not a huge fan of his. The other 2 are the redeeming folks IMO.

Look forward to watching this. Really enjoy RGC!

I miss Cabo. Played La Palmilla and Cabo Del Sol....great tracks and want to play a lot of the others.

I used to be a huge fan of these series but really feel like they've fallen - some have been almost unwatchable, and I don't think will ever reach the heights of breaking Sawgrass again. Same with RGC as a whole - when they were just EAL and a camera, maybe a low budget team and some randoms off the street who happened to have clubs, it was GREAT.

Now, I feel like they are just a bunch of bros with money and have lost touch with the roots of the organization.

I used to be a huge fan of these series but really feel like they've fallen - some have been almost unwatchable, and I don't think will ever reach the heights of breaking Sawgrass again. Same with RGC as a whole - when they were just EAL and a camera, maybe a low budget team and some randoms off the street who happened to have clubs, it was GREAT.

Now, I feel like they are just a bunch of bros with money and have lost touch with the roots of the organization.

Man, I couldn't disagree more. I love the added production value in these more recent breaking series.

Man, I couldn't disagree more. I love the added production value in these more recent breaking series.
Production value maybe, but the personalities haven't done well. I think ever since Breaking Sawgrass, people have hit the screen and tried to "be someone" instead of being genuine.

Awesome - I live 10 minutes from there!

Claire has a Nice swing and I think Dave and I would get along well.

Off to Cabo next week. I was hoping to play Quivira but couldn’t get in as they are fully booked. This looks like it could be a decent alternative!

Back