Tour Event Blue Bay LPGA (3/6 to 3/9)

*Range Rat

Tigger Would
Reaction score
Handicap
poor skill
From Jian Lake Blue Bay GC in China; 6675 yds par 72, 1st time playing this event since 2018, Gaby Lopez last champion
Featured group - Lydia Ko, Minjee Lee, Celine Boutier
Coverage in the early morning on Golf Channel & peacock

BlueBay.jpg

Great tournament. It has been 5 years since they played their last because of all the COVID lockdowns. I'm sure the LPGA and LPGA players are glad to see this tournament back on the schedule. Haven't visited Hainan, but it is definitely on my list of places to visit.

LPGA and LIV are both in China this weekend how ironic.

I know Rose Zhang is American but her missing all these Asian events is odd.

Hard to watch with all the commercials. 🤪😂 I timed some segments 4 min coverage-2.5 min commercials-1.5 min coverage-3 min commercials -10 min coverage -then turned it off. Not sure how they time the coverage vs commercials. I have Peacock Premium, but perhaps it is different on the Golf Channel. I wanted to watch the featured group with Minjee, Lydia, and Celine, but they were not on. I'll try watching tomorrow to see how it is.

Minjee, Lydia, & Celine were in the 1st group off yesterday so they were finished when coverage started. Today they should be playing later & in the coverage window.

Sarah Schmelzel continues her run of good golf after last weeks strong showing 🔥 She's tied for the lead headed to round 3.

Lydia Ko holes out with PW at the second for eagle. She looks like she is very serious and game face on for this tournament. I think she really wants the win this tournament to go into the Hall of Fame. Watch out for her on the weekend.

3 way tie at -12 headed to the final round. You have the Goat of the last decade looking to clinch the Hall of Fame vs 2 unheralded Americans looking for win #1.
Lydia Ko vs Sarah Schmelzel vs Bailey Tardy
A little background on the Americans - Schmelzel has been on Tour 5 years & played at South Carolina, Tardy was a rookie last year & played at Georgia

Lydia Ko holes out with PW at the second for eagle. She looks like she is very serious and game face on for this tournament. I think she really wants the win this tournament to go into the Hall of Fame. Watch out for her on the weekend.
She had her irons dialed...

Bailey Tardy claims her 1st LPGA win after an impressive 7 under 65 in the final round. Schmelzel played well shooting 69 (the only player with all 4 rounds in the 60s) but ended up 4 shots back in 2nd. Lydia was stuck in neutral & never challenged with a 71 finishing 6 shots back.
BlueBay.jpg

Back