Blind pole vaulter sets school record

nerfny

Reaction score
Handicap
20.9 GHIN
Wow, what a cool story. I kinda figured she would do the pole vault by counting but at 14 she is also playing on the JV basketball team. My first thought, was how the heck?? She listens to the ball bouncing in order to determine where the ball handler is so she can guard them. Amazing!

that's a pretty incredible story. I couldn't pole vault if my life depended on it. When she was talking about the amount of vision she has, like looking through a coffee stirrer, it makes it even more impressive. She talks about counting the steps before using the pole to hoist herself up, good god.

that's a pretty incredible story. I couldn't pole vault if my life depended on it. When she was talking about the amount of vision she has, like looking through a coffee stirrer, it makes it even more impressive. She talks about counting the steps before using the pole to hoist herself up, good god.

It's not even the knowing when put her pole down it is knowing how and when to move once she is in the air that is really impressive. If she is slightly off in her timing she isn't clearing that bar.

That is a pretty cool story.

Back