Sean

Earthbound Extraterrestrial
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
This thread probably won't get much traction, but I've noticed BH has been playing quite a few DP World Tour events. Since early September he has played in four events (currently playing Alfred Dunhill Cup).

I was just wondering why he's doing so.

This thread probably won't get much traction, but I've noticed BH has been playing quite a few DP World Tour events. Since early September he has played in four events (currently playing Alfred Dunhill Cup).

Probably trying to find form again

I'm guessing he's doing what he can do to keep a positive attitude about the state of his game. It's no secret that negative thoughts hurt him more than most so I'm sure he's finding positions/places where he can succeed.

Maybe he’s trying to get a win and thinks it will be easier to get one across the pond.

I think Billy has made it a point over the years to support the DP Tour. I don't think this is a change for him but I could be wrong.

He's made no bones about his love affair with Wentworth, and had this to say:

"I wouldn't expect them all to come and play here (RC team/Wentworth), but I thought some would welcome the chance to play an event in European conditions before the Ryder Cup. They could still go home next week and prepare."

He went on to say:

"Maybe some of it is the financial stranglehold the PGA Tour has over the game. We just don't have to travel the world in order to make a lot of money. Which is a pity. It's not as if our top players aren't good enough or smart enough to adjust to the courses. But add it up and the end result is that we have been losing on courses the Europeans are a lot more familiar with.
I preach every year to guys on the PGA Tour that this is a great course for them. There are guys whose games are made for Wentworth. And I know if they did come, they would love everything about this place."

So I listen to a variety of Golf Podcasts and the one that sticks out in my mind is the one he did with ForePlay. He has focused a lot on his physical and mental health in his more tenured years and, just based on my opinion on what I have heard in these, he wants to get more "at bats" and grind at the rusty areas in a true tourney setting.

In any event, I am a fan of his and hope he gets back in the winners circle.

He's always played a bunch of DP events. Moreso than most other PGAT players from the US

I think Billy has made it a point over the years to support the DP Tour. I don't think this is a change for him but I could be wrong.

Agreed I think he has always played a number of DP Tour events.

And he is a West Ham supporter.

He's always played a lot of DPWT events.

He’s a cool player and seem like a good guy. Hope he bounces back.

Let’s all sing together.

Wasted away on the DP tour,
searching for my lost game is an art,
some people claim that theres a LIV tour to blame,
but I know, it my own damn fault.

J Buffet 2023 tribute 🙏

Back