Best machine to read swing speed?

tjgus25

Reaction score
I've been on trackman and bridgestones science i and got similiar results except for swing speed. Which machine is best for swing speed? on trackman i was getting 1.5 smash factor even on mishits. So i was wondering if anyone had some information about that for me. Thanks

What club were you hitting to get the 1.5 smash factor? That's fairly high if I'm not mistaken. I was avging around 1.45SF on Ping software. I can't remember the name of the LM tho.

Flightscope I believe is the premier brand, but just go down to your local golf store. They should be able to tell you. Better yet, ask the pro!

I think trackman is the best. But 1.50 is the most you can record for smash factor I believe. I got fit 3 weeks ago on the trackman and I was 1.47 - 1.48 smash factor.

Well i thought it was 1.5 was higher then usual so i figured it was older trackman that was calculating swingspeed based on 1.5 smash factor and giving me 108 to 111 swingspeed and ball speed around 165. the bridgestone fitting gave me what a swingspeed of 115-119 with ball speed being around 168.
so i didnt know which one would be more accurate not overly worried about it because my launch was 12.5 and backspin was 2200 and side spin was -185.

Both can be very accurate and extremely off depending on what is going on there. I have found hte Bridgestone ball fittings to be EXTREMELY accurate in our use with them. I have compared their numbers to ours on our Vector and they are dead on. I would assume that if both were off, they would not be off together (if that makes sense). Trackman has a great track record and most love them, but my numbers when I was on it were slightly off compared to everything else I had used.

Back