Best Driver of the Decade

dcorun

Reaction score
Handicap
I hope no one has posted this yet. Let us know which driver was the best for you the last 10 years. For me a tossup between Cleveland Classic XL & TM M2.

Hands down my new PXG 0811x Gen 1 driver. It’s my first Major OEM driver, so that is to be expected.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Close between my G400 Max and Epic. Both have taken forgiveness to a new level for me.

Edge to the GMax because it is a bit more forgiving.

Cobra F9 with LA Golf Shaft was the best for me last decade.

Hopefully the SZ isn’t the best of this decade ?

Cleveland Classic, TM r9 or Cobra f9. All standout to me

I go with the Epic. I think it opened a lot of doors for Callaway and vaulted them into a great spot.

For me it had to be the Cobra Fly z+, hands down.

For me it's got to be Epic Flash

The G400 Max gets my vote unless I can count the one currently in my bag hidden under a generic cover. :cool:

Well I don't have a decade of play to go off of, but I have tried most of them from this decade. I'll kinda exclude anything new in 2019 just because I think time should be a big factor in a best of decade thing, and something's ability to stand up to competition later on says a lot. So I'm with the guys who said the G400 Max. Pretty long, and just crazy forgiving. I feel like it changed a ton of people's games. For me personally it's the Epic SZ. I took my time deciding on it, and there are strong reasons why I (and a lot of other guys that have it) still game it over other, newer drivers. I don't think it's as game changing for the masses as the G400 Max, but a damn nice driver.

Last edited:
For it’s time the TM R11 was money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting question. Based on sales? Big Bertha? Epic? R11?

Performance? Hmmm. One of the clubs coming out this year for sure.

Nostalgia? Cleveland Classic? Big Bertha?

Interesting question. Based on sales? Big Bertha? Epic? R11?

Performance? Hmmm. One of the clubs coming out this year for sure.

Nostalgia? Cleveland Classic? Big Bertha?

On number of units sold I would think R11 would be at the top, it seemed like almost every bag back then had an R11 in it

On number of units sold I would think R11 would be at the top, it seemed like almost every bag back then had an R11 in it

It was definitely up there. I think Big Bertha comeback and Epic were pretty close.

It was definitely up there. I think Big Bertha comeback and Epic were pretty close.

That’s true big Bertha 2014 (may have been 2013) was huge success it was in a lot of bags including mine (got it at #TheKing)

That’s true big Bertha 2014 (may have been 2013) was huge success it was in a lot of bags including mine (got it at #TheKing)

If I was betting, I would say Epic or R11, but I genuinely dont know. My market share numbers only go back a few years.

2016 M2 was such a big hit,
Ping G400 max was stellar
2017 Epic broke through with jailbreak.

So many gooddrivers though.

I wish the question was 3W because hands down the best 3W of the decade was the OG Rocketballz ... Driver I’ll go with the Original Epic...

I'm gonna say the SLDR, both because was a really high-selling driver, and because it was pretty innovative. I think it tends to get wrapped up in a lot of the nonsense that TaylorMade got themselves into at about that time, but TM's issues in terms of policy flaws shouldn't distract from what a big deal the SLDR was at the time.

Cleveland Classic for looks, Callaway EPIC for performance

For me, Ping G SFT.

The G400 Max gets my vote unless I can count the one currently in my bag hidden under a generic cover. :cool:

this is my exact answer as well!

Back