salisboss

RIP Jake 8/17/01-9/21/14
Reaction score
Handicap
In August my wife and I are taking a cruise to Bermuda where we will have about 3 days in Bermuda. My wife floated to me that she would be cool with me golfing and she would go to a spa or something. I know its expensive so cost notwithstanding, what would some must play courses?

In August my wife and I are taking a cruise to Bermuda where we will have about 3 days in Bermuda. My wife floated to me that she would be cool with me golfing and she would go to a spa or something. I know its expensive so cost notwithstanding, what would some must play courses?

My buddy has citizenship there and goes every spring to play in the Bermuda Open held at Port Royal Golf Course. He also plays a par 3 tournament the week before at Turtle Hill Golf course. He says both are wonderful.

Mid Ocean Club is the top course on the island. It's private, but does allow outside play on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Info here: http://www.themidoceanclubbermuda.com/golf-(1).aspx

Port Royal hosted the PGA Grand Slam of Golf for a few years and is also pretty well regarded. It's a public course, so you won't deal with the restrictions that are found at Mid Ocean Club.

Good article from Golf Digest in 2012 about Bermuda golf: http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-courses/golf-travel/buddies/2012-01/away-game-bermuda

I didn't get a chance to golf there but it was a great place. I got 'pulled over' while jogging, go figure, I had my shirt off because it was hot. I was informed 'shirt off' is ONLY for the beach, not even the beach parking lot but on the sand. Didn't get a ticket from the police, he was good about it.

Bouncing this thread to see if anyone has any more info on Bermuda/Golf.

I am toying with going there for a long weekend right before Christmas. The Fairmont has a deal going ($180/night) and I have status there that gets me an upgrade and also a complimentary 3rd night on a 3 night stay. Can get there with Avios via BA on AA for a smattering of points and a little bit of cash.

Specific questions:

1) anyone play the par 3 course at the Fairmont Southampton? They say it is rated one of the top 5 par 3 courses in the world. Its $89 a round and I get 2 rounds for the price of 1 there so it is tempting

2) That said, am I going to kick myself for not getting a round in at Port Royal or Mid-Ocean.

3) weather in December is average high around 70 and average low around 64 so temperature looks good. Stats say there are 18 rainy days on average in December. Anyone know if that is 18 days of constant rain or some showers on 18 days?

Trip may never happen. I have to convince my wife that it's a brilliant idea and the moment she sniffs the word golf she'll say that's the only reason I want to do it. It's not the ONLY reason but it is a reason.:D Any input appreciated.

Back