Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

Joshzilla

Secret Agent
Reaction score
Handicap
I don't get it.

i hit tiny little club heads better than GI or SGI heads. Simply put, I hit the GI and SGI heads fat and small heads pure. Currently I play i20 irons and frankly I was 100% better with AP2 irons. Just the other day I hit a smattering of clubs and had the following success rate regarding impact...

1st: Taylormade MB
2nd: Bridgestone CB
3rd: Ping s56
4th: Callaway Razr X Forged
5th: Bridgestone DPCB
6th: Ping i20

....and I was fit for the i20!!!! They are my own clubs! To say that I am baffled is an understatement.

Typically fat impact is my miss. If I happen to put on a swing that is gonna launch it left/right, then no club is gonna save me.

Seeing the same on drivers. Better impact with smaller heads. I am perplexed.......

Could just be a mental thing. It's unusual because the i20's pretty forgiving on fat shots with the beveled leading edge and all that bounce.

Happens sometimes, you may concentrate more, not swing as hard and thus possible better contact, bigger club head may just cause you to hit it fat. All that being said if you have a hitting it fat issue have you ever tried to hit a thin shot on purpose. This may give you better contact if you hit it fat. Sometimes it works to change what part of the ball you look at when hitting it, thus if hitting it fat look at the front of the ball and see if any of these help. then again maybe you just need a smaller head on your iron.

One minor issue I almost forgot which could be the culprit is most irons as you move to less forgiving are a little heavier, overall weight not necessarily swingweight but sometimes swingweight too. This would explain why you hit fat as with a lighter club you would tend to be out of sync a little.

Back