Balls like Pro V1x?

TxAggie2018

Reaction score
Handicap
So I've been a soft ball guy for the 3-ish years I've been golfing. Love the colors, love the price, and I putt them great.

But yesterday, I dug a Pro V1x out of the trees and hit the **** out of it. The iron trajectory was very noticeably higher than Supersoft and friends. And as a low speed player who really struggles to stop irons on greens, that's what I've been needing.

My foursome wanted to play the same course again today, so I bought a sleeve of Pro V1xs at the pro shop before this round. Didn't even need them, cause I didn't lose the original ball. Just kept hitting it well.

So now my interest is piqued. This Pro V1x looks like it might really work for me, but are there any other balls I should ho in that category? Kind of high spin, really high trajectory?

All ball brands will have their version of a premium ball.

Here are a couple

Srixon z star series and even possibly the q star tour
Bridgestone has their RXS line and others
Callaway chrome soft line

Depending on the particular similar things you're looking for from V1x it would be be things like Chrome Soft X, Tour B X, Z Star XV, Snell MTB-X, maybe RB Tour X. If you want just a little softer but truly need spin the Tour B XS fits that a bit.

So I've been a soft ball guy for the 3-ish years I've been golfing. Love the colors, love the price, and I putt them great.

But yesterday, I dug a Pro V1x out of the trees and hit the **** out of it. The iron trajectory was very noticeably higher than Supersoft and friends. And as a low speed player who really struggles to stop irons on greens, that's what I've been needing.

My foursome wanted to play the same course again today, so I bought a sleeve of Pro V1xs at the pro shop before this round. Didn't even need them, cause I didn't lose the original ball. Just kept hitting it well.

So now my interest is piqued. This Pro V1x looks like it might really work for me, but are there any other balls I should ho in that category? Kind of high spin, really high trajectory?
If you like the feel of Supersoft, the Chrome Soft would be worth a try. It feels similar (albeit a bit firmer) than the Supersoft but has more spin and is touted as a high launch ball. Within the Callaway line from there would be Chrome Soft X LS (more spin, lower launch), then Chrome Soft X (most spin, lowest launch). I haven't tried the CSX LS, but the Chrome Soft X feels considerably harder than the Chrome Soft / Supersoft to me.

Srixon Z-Star XV when I was fit that was my #1 ball followed by ProV1X.

I go with ProV1x or B-Stone Tour B RXS - higher spin, great spin around the greens.

CS does not spin as well for me around the greens, I am trying out the CSX

I played PRoV1x all of last year. Im very much in the camp of seeing benifit from the higher spin producing ball. THis year CSX is the new ball in my bag as it is out preforming the ProV1x for me. However it is not a soft feeling ball, especially off the putter. That does not bother me.

For softer feel and the benefits of spin....The Bridgestone RSX fits that bill. in the Srixon line, I enjoy playing the ZStar Diamond the most.

Snell MTB-X or the new version MTB Prime X. However if you play yellow balls ,the new Snell isn't in stock in yellow yet.

If you like the feel of Supersoft, the Chrome Soft would be worth a try. It feels similar (albeit a bit firmer) than the Supersoft but has more spin and is touted as a high launch ball. Within the Callaway line from there would be Chrome Soft X LS (more spin, lower launch), then Chrome Soft X (most spin, lowest launch). I haven't tried the CSX LS, but the Chrome Soft X feels considerably harder than the Chrome Soft / Supersoft to me.

I agree. I can tell the difference between the chrome soft feel. X‘s are definitely harder.

Depending on the particular similar things you're looking for from V1x it would be be things like Chrome Soft X, Tour B X, Z Star XV, Snell MTB-X, maybe RB Tour X. If you want just a little softer but truly need spin the Tour B XS fits that a bit.
All of this. I would also say the RB Tour X feels on the softer side of most X offerings, to me.

THis year CSX is the new ball in my bag as it is out preforming the ProV1x for me
I’ve also been a v1x guy for a while and staring to see the same with CSX. It’s been very good around the greens for me. Ballnamic had it in my top 3 as well.

A couple of years ago I did a ball test over two days. I spent a couple of hours around the green chipping and pitching with six different premium golf balls. The next day I made full swings. The ProV1x came out on top for me. Since my home course is littered with hazards I am fortunate enough to find a lot of ProV1x's (along with a lot of other golf balls). In any case, the ProV1x is my preferred golf ball. Coming in a close second are the Chrome Soft X and the TP5x.

I have been on the ProV1X bandwagon this year as well. I am seeing more distance from it than a Z-Star XV and also much more spin around the green than that ball. Of course YMMV.

Back