Ball With More Spin/Increased Launch

TheHeez

Reaction score
Handicap
Apparently I am blessed with combination of naturally low launch and low spin, to the point where the ball can really stall out mid flight. During a recent fitting I brought two balls I play somewhat interchangeably, the Bridgestone RXS and XS. My driver is in the 105-107 range and getting above 2k spin was a chore. My fitter swapped in some ProV1X to help get the spin and launch up and it really helped.

Does anyone else have this situation? What balls do you play?

I have found the Srixon Z-Star to be a lower trajectory and high spin ball for me.

In fact probably too high spin for my shots.

Apparently I am blessed with combination of naturally low launch and low spin, to the point where the ball can really stall out mid flight. During a recent fitting I brought two balls I play somewhat interchangeably, the Bridgestone RXS and XS. My driver is in the 105-107 range and getting above 2k spin was a chore. My fitter swapped in some ProV1X to help get the spin and launch up and it really helped.

I'd be interested to see what a Ballanmic fitting would tell you. I'd bet XS, CSX and V1X.

I’m opposite end of the spectrum. I’m 3k if I don’t try hard to take spin of and hit up 5 degrees.

I have found the Srixon Z-Star to be a lower trajectory and high spin ball for me.

In fact probably too high spin for my shots.
What's your swing speed? I'm interested because I'm going to start playing (testing) this ball this week. High spin off the tee?

I went from Chrome Softs to more spinny balls. I needed launch and spin especially with the driver. After Ballnamic and testing, the top 3 were Chrome Soft X, B XS and Z-Star (diamond would have been better probably).

What's your swing speed? I'm interested because I'm going to start playing (testing) this ball this week. High spin off the tee?
I’m not as high as you. In the low 90’s on driver

Yep, that's me, albeit at lower speeds. V1x has been a good one. @OldandStiff recommended Tiger's ball as well.

I suffer from the same and play the B XS. I get much better performance from it than I do the B RXS. The CSX and ProV1X are good options spin wise but I like the sound (feel) of the XS.

I went from Chrome Softs to more spinny balls. I needed launch and spin especially with the driver. After Ballnamic and testing, the top 3 were Chrome Soft X, B XS and Z-Star (diamond would have been better probably).

Yep, that's me, albeit at lower speeds. V1x has been a good one. @OldandStiff recommended Tiger's ball as well.

I suffer from the same and play the B XS. I get much better performance from it than I do the B RXS. The CSX and ProV1X are good options spin wise but I like the sound (feel) of the XS.

Sounds like I need to give the Bstone XS another shot. Ever since a THP testing years ago I’ve enjoyed the XS, the feel and distance have always been great.

The ProV1X did its job. What else is out there? I’ve read that maybe a Vice Tour could be an option, any experience with that?

that ball change makes sense to me based on just the extra launch and spin you are looking for.

@e1iterate sends the z star high af so I'm guessing those are high launch. Think the pro v1x, and the chrome soft are supposed to launch high.

This is me. Without your swing speed. I played the year run up through the MC with ProV1x.

now I’m ball testing. I tried the RXS. Now back to CSX LS. Once G balls drop I’ll try the CsX.

ZStar Diamond is one that works best from Srixon for me.

@e1iterate sends the z star high af so I'm guessing those are high launch. Think the pro v1x, and the chrome soft are supposed to launch high.
I think mine is more of how I swing not so much the ball causing it to go so high.

Back