Recipe Baked Berry Protein Oats

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
On this weeks episode of The Worst Golf Podcast I shared this recipe for baked protein oats. I am posting the recipe as written by the original author but I made changes to the one I made. I skipped the apple and used cinnamon cereal flavored protein powder and reduced the amount of cinnamon because of that. For my sweetener I used 1/8 cup of Swerve brown sugar and 1/8 cup Swerve granulated sugar. I think the brown sugar goes really well with oats.

Play around with the fruit though to make it what you like. I have done blueberries and strawberries, I have also mixed blueberries and cherries, you can do banana, pear, whatever you have on hand or like.

This makes 4 generous and filling servings.

Berry-Oatmeal-Protein-Bake-img3-380x380.jpg

Recipe from https://skinnyfitalicious.com/healthy-berry-oatmeal-protein-bake/

Ingredients
  • 2 cups Rolled Oats
  • 1/2 cup Vanilla Protein Powder
  • 2 tsp Baking Powder
  • 1/4 cup Monkfruit or sweetener of choice
  • 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
  • 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
  • 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 2 Egg Whites
  • 1 Apple cut into 1/2-inch cubes
  • 1 1/2 cups Mixed Berries
  • 1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare an 8-inch by 8-inch baking dish by lightly spraying with cooking spray.
  2. Combine egg whites, almond milk and the vanilla extract together in a small mixing bowl.
  3. In a separate mixing bowl, combine the oats, monkfruit (or sweetener of choice), cinnamon, protein powder, baking powder and salt. Stir the liquid mixture into the dry mixture. Note, all protein powders have different consistencies. You may need to add more milk to accomodate for your protein powder.
  4. Fold the berries and apples into the mixture then pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
  5. Bake 35-40 minutes until lightly browned on top. Remove from the oven, divide into 4 servings and enjoy!

• Admin
Made this yesterday so I have breakfast done for the week. I used frozen cherries because that's what I had in the freezer, I definitely prefer the berries more. I think I am going to try pear or apple next time.

This looks very tasty. Will have to make it soon to get a break from my normal oatmeal/banana/peanut butter/honey breakfast concoction.

Oh how cool., thank you for sharing. I'll add vanilla bean to the recipe with Vanilla Protein Powder ( which we had been using during my cancer treatments) . I just need more vanilla so I can taste it.

Definitely doing this! Might sneak in some almond butter and dark chocolate.

It's so good, and so easy to make. Sometimes I will add some greek yogurt on top for added protein, and a creamy texture.
I’m going to need to make that soon. My breakfast options have been miserable lately because I’m too lazy to make anything ahead and usually just end up having some sort of bar.

I’m going to need to make that soon. My breakfast options have been miserable lately because I’m too lazy to make anything ahead and usually just end up having some sort of bar.
I was like that too, which is why I either do overnight oats or somethign like this because then I have breakfast done for the next few days. If you like eggs, check out these recipes too, sooooo good!

I am going to try a pumpkin variation on an oat bake today. If it's any good I'll post up the receipe. I have some left over pumpkin puree and was looking for a way to use it.

I am going to try a pumpkin variation on an oat bake today. If it's any good I'll post up the receipe. I have some left over pumpkin puree and was looking for a way to use it.
I will know tomorrow if it’s any good. I’ll be sure to update.

IMG_3244.jpeg

Going to be making this today along with the sausage bacon pancake bites. I've got some bananas and raspberries that need to get used, so that will be my fruit of choice.

Back