Back to the mallet

Coachfrizz

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 7.0
For several years now I have been going back and forth between a mallet and a blade and I've been putting so bad lately my buddy offered me a good money for my odyssey black series #9, so I took it. I went to golf galaxy and putted around with all the putters and the 2 that felt the best were odyssey 2 ball metal x and taylormade manta. I decided to go with the manta. It will be here tomorrow and I let you know if it helped the scoring

Congrats! You picked between two great putters. I personally have the Metal X and love mine to death, but I rolled the Manta at a TM fitting a few weekends ago and really liked it as well. Let us know how it works out for you!

I also dropped the Black Series #9. Loved the weight, blance, feel, etc... but the proof is in the pudding. I was just too inconsistent with it.

I first switched to an Odyssey Backstryke Blade (which I still have and like) and then to my Rife Hybrid Tour Mallet (which I love!!!!). Heck, I even customized the Rife with a black shaft from Vibrant Golf. Now I love it even more. :smile:

Best of luck with the new flat-stick.

At this point i am desperate for any help. I have be putting so bad it's crazy. I tried a belly putter, but I didn't give it much time to get comfortable with it. It is a different feel

At this point i am desperate for any help. I have be putting so bad it's crazy.

After a spring 2011 golf trip, I felt the same as you. If I couldn't straighten out my putting, I was actually gonna walk away from the game for a while. I was that deflated and miserable.

On a whim, I bought Dave Stockton's putting DVD (can't remember the name off-hand, I'll get it later). Although he doesn't say anything I haven't heard before, I'd never heard it in succession and conveyed so clearly, so casually, so matter of fact.

It just resonated with me. I practiced but I refused to become obsessed. Just 10 minutes or so per day on the Big Moss, 1/2 hr when I'd get around to the course.

Combination technique, visualization, overall mental approach. I'm now convinced that I'm a good putter. Realistic in knowing that I'm not great or even very good as I haven't put in enough effort. But 3-putts are now rare, more scarce even then the 4-putts were in spring '11. :eek:

Congrats! the manta will definitely help with alignment and gives a good roll. its not the roll of a scotty, but you'll drop more putts in.

Back