Anyone have the Takomo 101 irons?

Floridatennisplayer

Reaction score
Handicap
What a beautiful, looking set of irons, and they seem to get great reviews. Is anyone here try them?

Doing a search for 'Takomo' turns up this thread, as well as a few others with very little conversation about them.

I think there is a long waiting list for those irons from what I know.

I play Takomo 101T - but also have a used set of Takomo 101 ( got them dirt cheap from a guy that had a very good offer on a set of titleist.). I am very satisfied with the 101T's

The Takomo 101's are a little bigger, with a bigger sweetspot. To me it appears to be very good value for money, and very good quality. The sound and feel is very nice.

I have not tried any of the other brands that make the same type of clubheads, so I cannot compare.

I'm a 20ish HC, nearing retirement, and chasing a more consistent swing particularly with my irons

I went from a combo hybrid/iron Cobra set to the Takomo 101s. Never been one to shell out big bucks for clubs. After doing research and reading reviews, I felt I could get a new set of irons for about half the cost of high end manufacturers. I bought the heads only and combined them with KBS TGI graphite shafts (didn't want steel shafts and wasn't crazy about Takomo's graphite shaft offerings). Put them in the bag this year and, to this point, am very happy with them. They look great and feel great. They are buttery smooth when hit on the sweet spot and they offer good forgiveness

I feel I got a great deal with these clubs. Enjoying the 101s much more so than the Cobra's. This offseason, I will also consider buying a couple of their wedges

Kind of look like Sub70 irons

Kind of look like Sub70 irons
Its going to shock some people but just about every one of these companies are not really creating.

I play Takomo 101T - but also have a used set of Takomo 101 ( got them dirt cheap from a guy that had a very good offer on a set of titleist.). I am very satisfied with the 101T's

The Takomo 101's are a little bigger, with a bigger sweetspot. To me it appears to be very good value for money, and very good quality. The sound and feel is very nice.

I have not tried any of the other brands that make the same type of clubheads, so I cannot compare.
Nice Gysse, Do you sell your 101's?

Back