golfinFF

Reaction score
Handicap
21.9 oob
Has anyone done TPI or even the assessment?

I did the assessment Sunday morning and was kinda surprised by some of the results not being as bad as I thought they would be since I'm not all that flexible. I lacked the mobility/flexibility where I thought in a couple area where I thought I would but did better in other areas where I thought I may struggle.

All in all it was good and has given me areas to work on physically, it also showed me I was engaging my lower back and it was hindering my turn and keeping me from separating my upper body from my hips on the takeaway. A quick adjustment got me into a neutral position which has helped me with the takeaway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talk to Amsmith....he's involved with them

Jason - I did a TPI Assessment about a year ago and have been working with a TPI certified instructor periodically since. My assessment pointed out a lot of good things, but pin pointed areas where I was lacking mobility and flexibility. What will be key for you is the exercises they set up for you to address those areas and following the workouts as much as possible.

If you are ever interested in making the drive down here on a Saturday, you are welcome to come workout with us.

Last edited:
Highly recommend it, just make sure you get someone you trust to do your screening so you get the most bang for the buck. As long as you are willing to put in the time it is truly a game changer

I did the screening and should really find the assessment portion. Was weak in the core (guessing it is not better and probably worse), very limited rotation in my left shoulder (surprising since I am right handed) and some tight hips (part of the weak core) my eval was way better than I expected.

Was a few years ago and I am not getting any younger so it would probably be worse but the same basic things I should be working on.

I think it is a useful thing if you are going to follow through on what they tell you to work on.

Thanks for the info peeps.

I trust the Ass. Pro who does the assessment he's been trained/certified for that portion but isn't a pt or trainer. They are working on getting a new person to do the work out portion but having trouble finding someone.

Aaron I may have to take you up on it and make the drive over one Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd really like to do the screening section of the TPI, just cant find anyone local that does it at a decent price. As much as I'm sure it would help me out paying £200 is not something I would consider.

Back