Any suggestions for new irons?

sharkwrestler

One bad arse Dude
Reaction score
Handicap
Hi all,
Been playing Nike slingshots for >5 yrs and was contemplating a new set of irons. Been reading about the Nike VR Pro combos and the new TM R11's on the forum. I'm a mid 80's shooter right now and would like to work to lower my scores. when I purchased the SShots was fitted for +3 on an out door range. Have a GG in the area guess I could go by and check out other sets, not too happy about indoor flight monitors. Any recommendations would be helpful.
Thanks

Hi all,
Been playing Nike slingshots for >5 yrs and was contemplating a new set of irons. Been reading about the Nike VR Pro combos and the new TM R11's on the forum. I'm a mid 80's shooter right now and would like to work to lower my scores. when I purchased the SShots was fitted for +3 on an out door range. Have a GG in the area guess I could go by and check out other sets, not too happy about indoor flight monitors. Any recommendations would be helpful.
Thanks

Test them all. Go to GG and tell them you are in the market for new irons. The best thing to do is get fitted and test as many sets as you can. I have a feeling you will here this from everyone here, but getting fitted will really help your game.

I would recommend going to GG (wish I had one near) and hit all the ones they have avalible and that you are intrested in and go from there. Indoor flight monitors can help you figure out a few things about your clubs and put you on course for a great set of irons. So don't sell them short. Just my honest opinion though. Try them all out if they got em!

I recommend hitting some Mizuno Irons. As far as feel they are amazing IMO. MP-59 and MP-69 release tomorrow. the MP-63s are also really good.

Hit as many as you can. Don't limit yourself to just Nikes, just Mizunos, or just Taylormades. Hit as many iron sets as you can and do it more than once. Go back two or three times to make sure they fit.

Go into it with an open mind. Hit everything you can. My bet is that you will be surprised what you end up with:deadhorse:

Test everything. You never know what will be best for you. Try the mizuno shaft optimizer if they have one. It will recommend the right shaft for you.

Like everybody else, I would go to GG with an open mind. Just try out everything, and see what works. The launch monitors and fitting should help you find a set that you really like. IMHO Mizuno irons are really nice, especially their MP game-enhacement irons. I've tried out the TM R9s and the VR Pros as well, but I find that the feel on the Mizuno blades is just perfect, and they're more forgiving than you would think.

Go into it with an open mind. Hit everything you can. My bet is that you will be surprised what you end up with:deadhorse:

Got fitted years ago when I bought the Sling shots. I went to the shop wanting Pings tried them all and came out with the sling shot's. Thanks

Got fitted years ago when I bought the Sling shots. I went to the shop wanting Pings tried them all and came out with the sling shot's. Thanks

If they are available, don't discount the Wilson Staff Di11's. Fantastic,forgiving iron set. Such a good time for irons. A ton of great sets out there. Have fun!:clapp:

Back