Any recommendation at Kiawah Island Resort Courses?

takaloha

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 6.4
I am going to Charleston at the end of March.
I have 3 days to play, but they have 5 courses in that resort:
The Ocean, Turtle Point, Osprey Point, Oak Point and Cougar Point.
Which courses do you recommend if you pick up Three out of Five?

Or are there any recommended courses around Charleston Area?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Takaloha i've only had the oppurtunity to play Turtle Point on Kiawah, it is a very nice layout and you will not be disappointed. If you can manage to get down to the Seabrook side, i've played the Crooked Oaks course and it is every bit as nice and plush as Turtle Point. Get ready to pay some major $$$ on any of those courses on Kiawah / Seabrook though. If you want to play a nice 18 that will easily save you $100 or more look into the Links at Stono Ferry. It's down 17 South about 15 to 25 miles from Kiawah. Have fun....me and the family are going down to Seabrook in late June, can't wait.

The Ocean is worth playing twice. As far as playing other courses on Charlestown, there really is no need. Once on the island you will have all you need.

Played down there last year. We did Ocean, Cougar, Osprey and Turtle. We played Ocean twice and it was great. Get a caddy. I think I liked Cougar and Osprey between the other three.

Go all in. Play GD's hardest course in America.

I would love to play the Ocean Course! I would say its a must

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have played the Ocean Course, Cougar Point and Osprey Point.

If you're going to Kiawah, go ahead and pay the extra money to play the Ocean Course, and play with a caddie. I've been fortunate enough to play a lot of really nice courses in the Southeast, and the Ocean Course is still one of my favorites, if not my favorite of all. Definitely a "must play" course.

I was really surprised by Cougar Point. My expectations were not very high, because I thought it would be a typical resort course. It's not. Gary Player designed a wonderful course that really makes you use all of the clubs in your bag. There is a particular stretch on the front side (around holes 7-8) where you play along the marsh. Incredible holes. I would definitely recommend it.

Osprey Point was okay. More of a resort course feel, but I would probably play it again.

I've heard some good things about Turtle Point, but I have not played it.

Have fun. Kiawah is a great place to tee it up.

I played Turtle and also the Ocean Course. I loved both courses. You cant compare the 2 courses because they are opposite ends of the spectrum. The Ocean course is a true Links course that is very natural and rustic. It is not 100% plush and it is not meant to be.
Turtle has 3 holes on the ocean and it one of the finest manicured courses i have every played on. There was not a blade of grass that was not emerald green.

The ocean course is a beast but beautiful. Kiawah has many courses though. My favorite is Turtle Point

Last edited by a moderator:
Back