Any Hams out there?

15 Handicap

Reaction score
Handicap
W4LWQ florida

No Ham, but had a CB radio in my truck in high school and college.

I Get It Yes GIF by Physics Girl

My grandfather did most of his life; was a Captain in the local police dept & a Captain in the US Army. He died 15 years ago 1 month shy of 101.

KC5AP Texas

I thought this thread was about thanksgiving dinner.
Gotcha.

My Grandfather had a HAM, I remember sitting with him using it when I was quite young.

N6DWN extra class. Official nerd here. I got my license when Morse code was still a requirement. I could copy 25 wpm. Now all I have left is a 2m and 2/440 mobile and 2 handytalkies. You can thank the internet for my absence.

Last edited:
I have a ham. But I am not licensed.

N6DWN extra class. Official nerd here. I got my license when Morse code was still a requirement. I could copy 25 wpm. Now all I have left is a 2m and 2/440 mobile and 2 handytalkies. You can thank the internet for my absence.
I too got my ticket (general) while code was required. Never used it after the test. The internet and cell phones kinda shot down a lot of communications hf is all but lost in my opinion.

Not me, but came across this video recently. I was pretty amazed to say the least.

My dad was into it big back in the day. I was a teenager and started learning morse so I could get my license, but lost interest for more "teenager" type activities.

I still remember his call sign, WB0SRO.

Breaker 19 for war eagle, can I get a 10-20 on that Auburn Tiger team? So you would get it, right? It has been decades since I have seen a cb, they were kinda fun.

Sorry bro, but I couldn’t resist. I had a CB as well, but that was 40 years or so ago ;)

Breaker 19 for war eagle, can I get a 10-20 on that Auburn Tiger team? So you would get it, right? It has been decades since I have seen a cb, they were kinda fun.

Sorry bro, but I couldn’t resist. I had a CB as well, but that was 40 years or so ago ;)
That's a 10-4.

N9FHL General since ‘74 (I think). Texas.
I got my General, Advanced in the 80s, and my extra in the 90s. Never needed the added frequencies of the Extra (just got it for bragging rights I guess).
I had a 40 foot tower and a Force12 C4 beam in my back yard (previous house). My neighbors loved it, not.

KE6LZS. Expired. I let it lapse accidentally. I’ll be retesting at some point and get relicensed. I used it primarily maritime mobile when we sailed. Never really got into DX or just talking for talkings sake.

KE6LZS. Expired. I let it lapse accidentally. I’ll be retesting at some point and get relicensed. I used it primarily maritime mobile when we sailed. Never really got into DX or just talking for talkings sake.
I talked every day to the locals on 2M, and shot DX with my stock 100watt radio, as far as the Cook Islands (had to wait my turn for the big power guys to finish). I also talk to randoms at the airport, so I have that (my wife hates it LOL).

Back