aboutGOLF simulators

jdtox

Lord Tox
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
There is no shortage of simulator places in Michigan, I can count 3 within 15 mins from my house. Whether you want the moving floor of a Golfzon sim, indoor trackman with cameras or a pretty basic setup like X-Golf, each one provides a completely different experience so to say you have a choice is an understatement.

Yesterday I stumbled up a yet another new place and this one uses aboutGOLF technology so of course I had to go check it out. The aboutGOLF sim uses an overhead system with 4k projection.

IMG_5527.jpeg

The picture quality was really good, the sim software was fast and course selection was decent. They also have what they call 3Trak system that claims they measure spin not estimate it. This is done with a pattern that is drawn on the balls supplied in the bay, it’s a unique looking pattern so unfortunately if you want to use your own balls this isn’t the place if you want accurate numbers. I was also shown that by placing a single white sticker on top of your driver crown when on the range the software provided swing path and club face info which I thought was pretty cool

IMG_5543.jpeg

All in all I found the experience to be quite good, 30-50 yard shots seemed to be the most difficult to get used to but the ball flights and yardages seemed pretty spot on otherwise. Putting was the same as putting on any sim though we did manage to make a few haha. My son and I played 18 at Spyglass in just under 2 hours and never once felt like we had to rush to get it in. We both said we’d go back again, finding the experience to be much better than a few of the others.

Have you played on one of these sims? What are your thoughts compared to others?

• Admin
No one else has used one of these?

I've never heard of them.

• Admin
I've never heard of them.
Been around for awhile. I think its the one they use on the Golf Channel. I've heard of them before but never saw one..until now. You probably don't have to worry about sim golf much in AZ haha

Like you said, they've been around forever. Very high quality units and can be customized with pressure plates and all kinds of cool stuff for instruction.

I used to pay $50 per hour in the winter to review clubs on them back in the day.

• Admin
Like you said, they've been around forever. Very high quality units and can be customized with pressure plates and all kinds of cool stuff for instruction.

I used to pay $50 per hour in the winter to review clubs on them back in the day.
Oh really? That I didn't know, thats pretty cool. They have a curved screen version which is pretty sweet. They are not for home use though haha

Screenshot 2024-02-12 at 11.17.21 AM.png

Would you consider that price point high or about right?

My local sim uses Uneekor Overhead and an hour is $50 unless you buy a monthly 4 hour membership which is $135 (I think)

My local sim uses Uneekor Overhead and an hour is $50 unless you buy a monthly 4 hour membership which is $135 (I think)
I don't know if you've seen the sim thread but on weekends I get $70/hr up here and $40-50 during the week so thats about right.

This was like 10 years ago and I thought it was INSANE lol. It was the only local option though.

I wonder how this unit compares to the Foresight Falcon which seems like a similar type of unit.

Been around for awhile. I think its the one they use on the Golf Channel. I've heard of them before but never saw one..until now. You probably don't have to worry about sim golf much in AZ haha
IT does get HOTT here. and "cold". It would be nice to find an affordable place to play SIM golf from time to time. being able to play when it's dark or stupid hot with a buddy for a reasonable price would be cool.

No one else has used one of these?
I just saw this, I used one of these pretty often in college ,Our PGM program put one in my 2nd to last year and so we used it for fun tournaments and things within our major. Honestly it was a pretty good experience and at a time when Simulators weren't nearly as big of a thing. Putting wasn't terrible but still simulator putting, I would say it worked better than most putting on sims ive tried. Then I felt like the numbers aligned with what I was hitting at that time pretty accurately.

There is no shortage of simulator places in Michigan, I can count 3 within 15 mins from my house. Whether you want the moving floor of a Golfzon sim, indoor trackman with cameras or a pretty basic setup like X-Golf, each one provides a completely different experience so to say you have a choice is an understatement.

Yesterday I stumbled up a yet another new place and this one uses aboutGOLF technology so of course I had to go check it out. The aboutGOLF sim uses an overhead system with 4k projection.

View attachment 9242053

The picture quality was really good, the sim software was fast and course selection was decent. They also have what they call 3Trak system that claims they measure spin not estimate it. This is done with a pattern that is drawn on the balls supplied in the bay, it’s a unique looking pattern so unfortunately if you want to use your own balls this isn’t the place if you want accurate numbers. I was also shown that by placing a single white sticker on top of your driver crown when on the range the software provided swing path and club face info which I thought was pretty cool

View attachment 9242054

All in all I found the experience to be quite good, 30-50 yard shots seemed to be the most difficult to get used to but the ball flights and yardages seemed pretty spot on otherwise. Putting was the same as putting on any sim though we did manage to make a few haha. My son and I played 18 at Spyglass in just under 2 hours and never once felt like we had to rush to get it in. We both said we’d go back again, finding the experience to be much better than a few of the others.

Have you played on one of these sims? What are your thoughts compared to others?
aboutGOLF sims have been around for a long time. They are one of the most accurate sims on the market. I am in the process of putting one in our new house that is currently under construction. We have a couple of places where I live that use aboutGOLF and they are always fun to go hit balls and play a round of golf on. My experience with them is that the spin is much more accurate than other sims if you use the aboutGOLF marked golf balls. I recently played on a Trackman 4 and was getting crazy spin numbers with wedges.

Back