3 Best Lists - Here are some of mine re the great game of golf

Rummpd

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
We all got our own lists - here are some of mine
1. GOAT - Nicklaus (margin is diminishing); Woods; Hogan (salient case can be made for B. Jones)
2. Club Manufacturers Overall - Titliest (just have that look), Callaway, tie between Mizuno - PXG (as they treat Veterans right mainly
3. Favorite Players on Tour - Rory, BD (for bringing a fresh perspective), and a tie - DJ/and a local kid named Denny McCarthy who plays some with my son and led tour in putting last two years. Used to be Ernie Els when he was competitive - who remains among the nicest people have ever met.
4. Best courses ever played - Augusta National (lucky enough to play 2x in medical school), St. Andrews (birdied the road hole), and lot in mix but going with Whistling Straights over OSU Scarlet one of the best university courses with same designer as Masters and I worked there.
5. Favorite golf experience - playing and working at Augusta National, making an albatross on a short par 5, and qualifying and playing in the Panasonic Open in the country of Panama where I met my wife.
6. Dream Foursome (albeit in heaven for some) - Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer and Bob Hope
7. Best Golf sites - THP, Golfweek, the Golfworld part of Golf Digest
8. Dream future golf trip - Ireland (maybe happening in two years), Pinehurst, Pebble
9. Need in golf equipment - a great 4 wood, an upgrade in putter, and better lob wedge
10. Need in swing -getting old and need swing speed, ball speed and more of any kind of golf speed.

We all got our own lists - here are some of mine
1. GOAT - Nicklaus (margin is diminishing); Woods; Hogan (salient case can be made for B. Jones)
2. Club Manufacturers Overall - Titliest (just have that look), Callaway, tie between Mizuno - PXG (as they treat Veterans right mainly
3. Favorite Players on Tour - Rory, BD (for bringing a fresh perspective), and a tie - DJ/and a local kid named Denny McCarthy who plays some with my son and led tour in putting last two years. Used to be Ernie Els when he was competitive - who remains among the nicest people have ever met.
4. Best courses ever played - Augusta National (lucky enough to play 2x in medical school), St. Andrews (birdied the road hole), and lot in mix but going with Whistling Straights over OSU Scarlet one of the best university courses with same designer as Masters and I worked there.
5. Favorite golf experience - playing and working at Augusta National, making an albatross on a short par 5, and qualifying and playing in the Panasonic Open in the country of Panama where I met my wife.
6. Dream Foursome (albeit in heaven for some) - Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer and Bob Hope
7. Best Golf sites - THP, Golfweek, the Golfworld part of Golf Digest
8. Dream future golf trip - Ireland (maybe happening in two years), Pinehurst, Pebble
9. Need in golf equipment - a great 4 wood, an upgrade in putter, and better lob wedge
10. Need in swing -getting old and need swing speed, ball speed and more of any kind of golf speed.
You could start and end your list with “I’ve played Augusta and the Old Course. Na na na boo boo” :ROFLMAO:

Great list by the way, I’m not sure I’m patient enough today to type that much out on my phone.

Thanks and I was bored as too cold to go to golf or range and had already done the gym. This week I will miss my PGA tour routines of following, fantasy, and watching.

Three Places I Most Want To Visit For Golf:
1. Bandon Dunes
2. Arcadia Bluffs
3. Wisconsin (Whistling Straits, Sand Valley, Erin Hills)

Three Favorite Golfers Of All TIme:
1. Tiger
2. Fred Couples
3. Webb Simpson

Three Best Shots I Ever Hit
1. 54 yard pitch in for my first eagle
2. Down 1 on hole 18 and needing a push to win my annual buddies golf trip I am 210 yards from the green on a par 5 laying 2. My buddy (opponent) is 180 out laying 2. I need about 180 to carry water in front of the green so I gotta go all the way basically. I struck the ball on a rope it landed on the front of the green and rolled about 20' past the pin. My buddy missed the green, I won the hole, tied the match, and my team won the trip.
3. 215 out in a scramble 6 years ago, 2nd shot on a long par 5. I stuck the ball 6" from the cup with my 5 wood for a tap in eagle.

My favorite course is Pebble Beach. Spy Glass is a close 2nd. SG kicks my butt everytime.

Favorite golf equipment is Tour Edge.

Most of my favorite pga golfers are long retired, or passed away. As a youngster, my 1st favorite golfer was "Tony Lema".

I never got involved with the GOAT golfer thing. I always went with the GOTE (greatest of their era) idea.

Favorite golf trip/vacation was a month long stay in Australia, with a visit to New Zealand. Pretty nice golf courses they have down under.

I have also stood in line for an hour or so, at a multi tiered driving range just to hit balls.......in Tokyo. That was a unique experience.

I have a lot of favorite things in my life. Above is just a few of them that relate to golf.

My favorite course is Pebble Beach. Spy Glass is a close 2nd. SG kicks my butt everytime.

Favorite golf equipment is Tour Edge.

Most of my favorite pga golfers are long retired, or passed away. As a youngster, my 1st favorite golfer was "Tony Lema".

I never got involved with the GOAT golfer thing. I always went with the GOTE (greatest of their era) idea.

Favorite golf trip/vacation was a month long stay in Australia, with a visit to New Zealand. Pretty nice golf courses they have down under.

I have also stood in line for an hour or so, at a multi tiered driving range just to hit balls.......in Tokyo. That was a unique experience.

I have a lot of favorite things in my life. Above is just a few of them that relate to golf.

Played Spyglass quite a few years ago. The company I worked for (wholesale fine wine business) offered a round at Pebble Beach for the winner of a sales contest during our annual trip to the Monterey Wine Festival. Do you think I worked my butt off? So, the owner calls out 2 months in advance to try to make tee times at PB! The person on the phone laughed! Told him that he'd need to call a year in advance to get a time there, but he could get us on Spyglass. So that's where we played. Shot an 89 after not touching a club for at least 4 months, and was quite happy with it.

The closest I've been to your Tokyo experience was last Winter. Rotten Winter so no golf. We were jonesing to hit a golf ball so bad that we actually went to check out the new Top Golf facility outside Cleveland! Actually had fun.

Back