2024 Titleist Vokey SM10 Review

So I'm two (9) hole rounds into my new SM10's after the Vokey Experience and they are working as advertised. I was fit into the 50(F)12, the 54(S)10 and the 58(K)14.

The biggest part of my game where I struggle is the sand game. Luckily I had John from Vokey giving me a small lesson and now it's a mental game for me. The 58 K grind is perfect for that aspect of my game. It allows me to set up with a more square face and when I actually commit to my swing and don't decelerate and stop the ball comes right out. I've had two shots on Wednesday that required this shot and the club slid right under the sand and popped out, now of course I still wasn't swinging as hard as I needed to but it worked!

The 50 (F) has been perfect for my 110ish full shots but I have also been using it as my bump and run club around the greens. This has been working perfect and I almost holed one on Wednesday.

As for the 54 (S), I'm using this for shots around the green and full shots from around 85/90 yards and it has some stopping power. I'm going to be working on using the bounce of the club and opening up the club face to see if I can add some additional shots to my arsenal.

View attachment 9262731View attachment 9262732View attachment 9262733
Do you find your using your wedges in different ways around the greens after the clinic/experience? I know you mentioned the sand tips, but curious if you always used all 3 for chipping or if that's something new being integrated? Thanks! Love the write up!

Do you find your using your wedges in different ways around the greens after the clinic/experience? I know you mentioned the sand tips, but curious if you always used all 3 for chipping or if that's something new being integrated? Thanks! Love the write up!
Not yet....... but I will be. After the clinic and some on course question/answers with John from Vokey he was showing me how to open up the club and the biggest mistake we make is opening up the face but not moving our hands back. To properly use the bounce you need to get rid of the shaft lean many of us use for normal shots.

Not yet....... but I will be. After the clinic and some on course question/answers with John from Vokey he was showing me how to open up the club and the biggest mistake we make is opening up the face but not moving our hands back. To properly use the bounce you need to get rid of the shaft lean many of us use for normal shots.
That's awesome...amazing the wedge tidbits they throw out there

It is interesting, because I have long understood that you should have some shaft lean with chips around the green, but the strategies pass along in the wedge clinic make a lot of sense. I am going to need to get out on the practice green to work with these ideas, but I am looking forward to it.

My main changes so far are all with the 60M. First is trusting that around the green more and with full/near-full swings (I used to just use it when I needed to fly something). And second is using it from the sand - that was suggested by the Titleist fitter and previously I would have rolled my eyes at the thought of a lob in the sand. But it works without drama.

I received 3 SM10s from a vendor. They didnt ask me loft/grind, just sent along 50.08F nickel, 54.10S nickel, 60.08M jet black.

They are beauties! The nickel is really well done.

When I did the fitting tool, it suggested 50.12F, 54.12D, and 60.12D.

Let’s see how this works out.

I got out today for some practice with the new wedges received at the Vokey experience. For reference, I have the 48F, 54M (bent to 53) and 58M. I worked on chips, short pitches and bunker shots. I used all three for everything except out of the bunker, where I used only the 54M and the 58M. I worked on some of the techniques learned at the wedge clinic.

The M grind is as advertised. It is an extremely versatile grind. I could hit square faced pitches and chips with it, but also slide it under the ball. The spin was fantastic, with the ball stopping almost where it dropped.

Probably the biggest surprise for me today was how good the 54M was out of a greenside bunker. I have not really used anything except my lob wedge out of greenside bunkers for years. The 54M gives me just a bit more carry than the 58M out of the bunker, using the exact same swing. I am really committed to attempting to put the additional versatility of using different wedges around the greens into my repertoire. I have a tournament tomorrow and will see how things go under some pressure.

I got out today for some practice with the new wedges received at the Vokey experience. For reference, I have the 48F, 54M (bent to 53) and 58M. I worked on chips, short pitches and bunker shots. I used all three for everything except out of the bunker, where I used only the 54M and the 58M. I worked on some of the techniques learned at the wedge clinic.

The M grind is as advertised. It is an extremely versatile grind. I could hit square faced pitches and chips with it, but also slide it under the ball. The spin was fantastic, with the ball stopping almost where it dropped.

Probably the biggest surprise for me today was how good the 54M was out of a greenside bunker. I have not really used anything except my lob wedge out of greenside bunkers for years. The 54M gives me just a bit more carry than the 58M out of the bunker, using the exact same swing. I am really committed to attempting to put the additional versatility of using different wedges around the greens into my repertoire. I have a tournament tomorrow and will see how things go under some pressure.
Love to see all the versatility with the wedge matrix for you! You’re inspiring me to give my middle wedge (also an M grind) some work in the bunker

Definitely more of a fan of my wedge setup now after a good ending to a range session the other day. Was trying to find distances on approach shots 80 and in and what kind of swings I’d be looking for and it really did match what I was going into my fitting for.

50* 10F for me is full swings over 100, so this doesn’t really apply but I don’t really have any complaints about it. Real solid in this slot.

56* (playing @ 55*) 10S is going to be for intermediate and long approaches within 100 yards. Can open the face up slightly to work the flight a little bit, but like this one closer to square faced for the turf interaction; feels really clean on non-full swings. Might use it around the green some for a chip that’ll roll slightly more than with my lob wedge, but still with some pop and stopping power.

60* 08M for 50 and in. Full swings are fun with this because of how high it launches but it’s better serviced with an open face and trying to get a nice lofted approach from closer to the pin. Definitely a good club for flops and pitches with some sticking power. Might chip some with it too if I don’t really need it to run on the green. Do have to get a little steeper with the low bounce and the grind if I’m not opening the face up much, though.

Hopefully finding the specific shots I’m looking for with the clubs will make shot and club selection a lot easier on the course. Would love to see how the 60* can handle rough lies and recover from a bunker (even though I’d rather not play in the sand at all)

Back