2024 FootJoy Pro/SLX

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
I've been getting some emails about these and didn't see a thread on them yet. 2024 FootJoy Pro/SLX golf shoes.

Here's what FootJoy is saying:

Pro/SLX is engineered with the PWR TRAX System, transforming golf footwear with its innovative 3D X-Wing, effectively redistributing energy during your swing for enhanced stability. The Race Trak outsole, featuring Radial Disc Traction, extends into the ground to optimize overall traction, addressing varied on-course conditions and walking needs. The engaged 3D X-Wing, FTF+ foam, and exposed heel stabilizer, effectively manages lateral and upper movement, ensuring a comprehensive blend of traction, comfort, and control allowing you to advance your game.

• Premium ChromoSkin™ Leather
  • Race Trak Outsole
  • 3D Molded Ankle Collar
  • Ortholite® Impressions FitBed®
  • StratoFoam Tuned for Golf Comfort
  • Laser Plus Last
  • 2-Year Waterproof Warranty
  • Carbon version 219.99

FJ_56914_01.png

FJ_56914_05.png

• Staff
some other colors

FJ_56912_01.png

FJ_56908_01.png

FJ_56913_01.png

• Staff
Carbon Version

FJ_56918_01.png

FJ_56916_01.png

FJ_56917_01.png

The last version was comfortable, but I just can't get down with the chin strap around the heel.

They look pretty sharp!

These look pretty good, I just don't seem to get along well with spikeless. Those navy blue ones are sharp!

Love my current FJs, these are a bit more on the casual side. I like them. Strap on the back is weird, though.

Honestly, those are pretty meh for me.

That back part reminds me of these

1708103670361.png

I like the looks of the carbon version

They look good. Would be great without the weird strap on the heel.

I tried the Pro SL a few years ago and didn't care for the fit. Like FJ shirts, it seemed a bit large for size.

But really my style compared to the last ones, and I had questions about the soles immediately. They don't look like they grab very well. Looks can be deceiving, but I wasn't the only one who has serious reservations about that.

I've been getting some emails about these and didn't see a thread on them yet. 2024 FootJoy Pro/SLX golf shoes.

Here's what FootJoy is saying:

Pro/SLX is engineered with the PWR TRAX System, transforming golf footwear with its innovative 3D X-Wing, effectively redistributing energy during your swing for enhanced stability. The Race Trak outsole, featuring Radial Disc Traction, extends into the ground to optimize overall traction, addressing varied on-course conditions and walking needs. The engaged 3D X-Wing, FTF+ foam, and exposed heel stabilizer, effectively manages lateral and upper movement, ensuring a comprehensive blend of traction, comfort, and control allowing you to advance your game.
  • Premium ChromoSkin™ Leather
  • Race Trak Outsole
  • 3D Molded Ankle Collar
  • Ortholite® Impressions FitBed®
  • StratoFoam Tuned for Golf Comfort
  • Laser Plus Last
  • 2-Year Waterproof Warranty
  • Carbon version 219.99

FJ_56914_01.png

FJ_56914_05.png

I have been looking at these. They seem phenomenal.

But really my style compared to the last ones, and I had questions about the soles immediately. They don't look like they grab very well. Looks can be deceiving, but I wasn't the only one who has serious reservations about that.
Interesting. I hadn’t worn FJs for ages, but ended up with a couple of HyperFlex carbons last year and count them among the very best golf shoes that I have ever worn. I know that these are different, beginning with they are spikeless, but I was intrigued Looking at them.

Interesting. I hadn’t worn FJs for ages, but ended up with a couple of HyperFlex carbons last year and count them among the very best golf shoes that I have ever worn. I know that these are different, beginning with they are spikeless, but I was intrigued Looking at them.
Yeah the HyperFlex Carbon are spiked. And great. I love that sick-like top. The don't seem to have much in common with them in hand.

They could be great. That sole just got a bunch of immediate reactions.

Yeah the HyperFlex Carbon are spiked. And great. I love that sick-like top. The don't seem to have much in common with them in hand.

They could be great. That sole just got a bunch of immediate reactions.
I was almost ready to order a pair, but will hold off now until I can put on a pair and see. Thanks for the input.

I tried on a pair of the non-carbon version today. The platform is among the most stable of any golf shoe that I have ever tried.

I walked 18 holes today wearing the non-carbon version. The shoes were awesome. My feet felt wonderful at the end of the round. The platform that they create to hit off of is extremely stable. I had no issues with traction. There are some great shoes out right now. It’s hard to pick a best, but these are definitely in my main rotation for this year.

Last edited:
Not a fan of the strap....WTH?
I find the Pro SL's to be really comfortable, but the support only last about a year or so, based on my experience over the past 5 years or so.
I'm 5'9" #210 and play about 50-60 rounds a year.

Back