2024 Fantasy Baseball Talk

Bus

Touring Purple
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
~16
I'm 23 rounds into a 52 rounds dynasty startup draft currently, I love baseball season! Who else is playing?

Oh yeah, big time. I am currently in what I will call the best fantasy league ever - all rules were designed to eliminate the most common problems with fantasy leagues. Deep rosters, a lot of players. It is a tough tough league. I won my "normal" fantasy league numerous times before joining this one. I won this league for the first time last year thanks to some unexpected and crazy happenings on the last day of the season.

Have been in two leagues. But one closed up last year. We were together for 33 years prior to last. Just couldn't find 12 to continue. That league when started was insane as there just wasn't much support that long ago. It was the best as it was auction and in person. League I'm in now is all electronic no in person. 9 of the people in league I've never met.

Have been in two leagues. But one closed up last year. We were together for 33 years prior to last. Just couldn't find 12 to continue. That league when started was insane as there just wasn't much support that long ago. It was the best as it was auction and in person. League I'm in now is all electronic no in person. 9 of the people in league I've never met.
Yeah, I haven't been in an in person baseball league in a long time unfortunately. They really are the best, for any sport, but much more difficult to pull together and then keep going.

Merry Christmas GIF by BuzzFeed

I’m in a few leagues. My preference is 6X6 roto but it’s hard to find a group with full time interest.
Not sure if it counts but I play a ton of Strat-o-Matic SIM baseball. I’m in both cards and dice and computer leagues.

Yeah, I haven't been in an in person baseball league in a long time unfortunately. They really are the best, for any sport, but much more difficult to pull together and then keep going.
In those 33 years my guess is we had about 70 different owners. There were only 2 of us that did all 33 years. One who started league dropped out and then came back after about 15 years of being away.

i'm a huge fantasy football guy and a big baseball guy but i just don't think i have the time for fantasy baseball. the leagues i have seen before, they are very time consuming.

Merry Christmas GIF by BuzzFeed

I’m in a few leagues. My preference is 6X6 roto but it’s hard to find a group with full time interest.
Not sure if it counts but I play a ton of Strat-o-Matic SIM baseball. I’m in both cards and dice and computer leagues.
League I'm in now is 6x6. BA/RBI/HR/SB/R/OPS and Holds/Saves/KO/QS/ERA/Rat with 1250 max Innings

League I'm in now is 6x6. BA/RBI/HR/SB/R/OPS and Holds/Saves/KO/QS/ERA/Rat with 1250 max Innings
I like that! The QS is a great upgrade over wins. Takes away the just grab all middle reliever strategy of the past few years.

I prefer 6x6, but his one we're drafting is 5x5 with OBP instead of BA. Crazy we aren't even half way through the draft, and SO MANY guys outside of the top 500 cheatsheet I'm using have already been taken.

I like
Witt
Jrod
Carroll

If it’s a dynasty league Ohtani is the number 2
Or go crazy and throw a monkey wrench and grab strider or Cole. Make everyone else play catchup

@brians and @Bus and @tequila4kapp I have 2nd pick. Acuna gonna go who would you pick at 2nd pick?
It would depend on my holdovers and league rules, but Witt, Betts, Julio Rodriguez and Judge would be in the mix for me. Edit: Carroll too but I suspect he'll have year 2 regression (see Rodriguez circa 2023) which is why I like the others better.

League allows 5 keepers at 2 rounds prior to previous. So your best players are not kept. I'm betwixt between Witt and JRod. I'm thinking JRod is gonna put up crazy numbers this year. Witt at SS keeps him in conversation. Going SP at 2 just too early. Have done that at 5 or 6 and it didn't pan out as well as I thought.

League allows 5 keepers at 2 rounds prior to previous. So your best players are not kept. I'm betwixt between Witt and JRod. I'm thinking JRod is gonna put up crazy numbers this year. Witt at SS keeps him in conversation. Going SP at 2 just too early. Have done that at 5 or 6 and it didn't pan out as well as I thought.
Pitchers are just so risky. I got Witt at 4 in this dynasty startup and couldn't be happier. I think for dynasty there is Acuna, Witt, Carroll, Julio and then everyone else.

My league does OBP instead of BA and that would be enough for me to take JRod over Witt.

Been in a 12 team re draft points league for 12+ years. I like it better than football because there is games everyday. I also play basketball but that's low on the poll for me.

Back