johowdy123

Reaction score
Handicap
Ok... call me old fashion. lol Call me a geezer (honestly, i am only 25 years old)
But when I became attached to golf, my father gave me his set of wilson blades from the attic and said "learn to hit these and you'll swing with the best of them."
After years, and hours of practice. (laughing) I feel as though I am a very strong iron striker, and my game is based on my pure striking.

Does anyone still carry a 2 iron? or a 3 iron for that matter? or has everyone switched over to hybrids?

I have had stints with various hybrids, but I always return to my irons. The strike from a pure'd iron is unmistakable and is almost like pure pleasure. (i know its an addiction)

I'm getting a 2 iron that a really generous forum member is sending my way. I can't hit a hybrid for the life of me, no matter which one it is. So I was looking for a 3 iron to hit off the tee (I really like my 4 iron for that now). Instead I'm getting a 2 iron. I hope it works out for me.

I'm getting a 2 iron that a really generous forum member is sending my way. I can't hit a hybrid for the life of me, no matter which one it is. So I was looking for a 3 iron to hit off the tee (I really like my 4 iron for that now). Instead I'm getting a 2 iron. I hope it works out for me.

I doubt it will. I think you cant hit a hybrid because youre supposed to hit it like an iron. Get a 7 wood.

Or, transfer the thought into your head at legitimately swinging the hybrid like a wedge.

I own a two iron and I like it alot.

I doubt it will. I think you cant hit a hybrid because youre supposed to hit it like an iron. Get a 7 wood.

Or, transfer the thought into your head at legitimately swinging the hybrid like a wedge.

I own a two iron and I like it alot.

I dunno. I hit my 4 iron very well but could never hit a 4 hybrid. When I try to hit hybrids like an iron I always end up popping it up. And I struggle sweeping it like a wood. Keep in mind that my 2 iron will have a slightly shorter shaft in it (normal 3 or 4 iron shaft).

I dunno. I hit my 4 iron very well but could never hit a 4 hybrid. When I try to hit hybrids like an iron I always end up popping it up. And I struggle sweeping it like a wood. Keep in mind that my 2 iron will have a slightly shorter shaft in it (normal 3 or 4 iron shaft).
Having shorter might save you and make it hitable. Otherwise I would think you would have the same problems as with a hybrid

I haven't used them in a while, but I have a 2 and 3 iron from my Nike VR Split Cavity's. I've been using mostly hybrids, but if I'm playing in really strong winds, wouldn't hesitate to throw it in my bag instead. Nothing is better than a well-struck 2-iron

my dad beats the bejesus out of his Ping 1 iron. I think its eight feet tall and breathes fire...

In the past I have described to people that a 4 iron is a totally different animal than a 2 iron. 4 iron's people use as golf clubs, most people use 2 irons as butter knives. lol
That being said, if you are a solid iron striker, and always hit down & though the ball, with good dynamics, you'll be fine with a 2 iron.

I wouldn't call myself a geezer by any means but I have been trying out a 1 and 2 iron. They are frustrating at times but I have never been happier on a golf course when I hit either of them solid and straight. I noticed what works for me on these two clubs is something that I find in Peter Finch's "how to hit a stinger" video. I try to hit a stinger shot with them but I try to swing through a little bit faster with the clubs. It helps keep my "chunk ability" down and I seem to hit them consistently (or as consistent as I can) when I hit them. Weight distributed a little bit more on the front leg and really speed up the swing at the ball. It's what works for me but then again, most of you guys are way better than me.

Back