Video 100 and In Practice

Franklin51

On the Verge
Reaction score
Handicap
One of the benefits I have is a huge back yard. Was getting back setup to practice chipping and had a question. Now im OCD as can be. I wondered how many of you practice with your gamer, random balls, or cheap but matching balls? I use to practice with gamer but they all got gamed up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think if you are just working on accuracy of your chips like where you are aimed and landing then cheaper or random balls are fine. If you are working on how they check or roll out I would go with the gamer. Though one of our old assistant pros said his high school coach always said if you can get a range ball to check the you know your gamer will.

I think if you are just working on accuracy of your chips like where you are aimed and landing then cheaper or random balls are fine. If you are working on how they check or roll out I would go with the gamer. Though one of our old assistant pros said his high school coach always said if you can get a range ball to check the you know your gamer will.

That was kinda my thought. I’m flying to a flag stuck in my back yard. Now when I go to the course and chip I use gamers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It'd be cheap/used gamers for me. OCD, maybe. I just don't know if I could get the work in/benefits I would want sacrificing that much feel and variation between balls. I'd be using the 50 buckets of AAAA lost balls of whatever I play. In no way do I expect to be in the majority on this though.

Sidenote - I was really expecting to see some wedge magic when I came in here. False advertising. :p

Perfect for AA used golf balls - Also TM and Titleist make Practice balls available..

Yep, I agree. I'd be using AAA balls or likely some of my experienced gamers.

Back