Search results for query: *

1. ehamady.6

Ventus Blue vs Ventus Black vs Ventus Blue tipped

I recently put a Ventus Blue 6S tipped 1" in my SIM driver which I have set to 9.5 degrees loft. It feels so much more stable than the stock Diamana S 60. The tipping got rid of the whippy feel. The improvement is how much more consistently I can square the club face and hit a baby fade. I'm not...
  2. ehamady.6

Titleist Vokey SM8 Wedges

I got the 56 and 60 SM8s and LOVE them. Vokey wedges have always looked too "chunky" to me so this is my first time ever buying them. When trying previous versions I couldn't control my distances with anything less than a full swing. They would just go too far. The SM8 shape, leading edge, and...
  3. ehamady.6

Ever shorten a putter grip?

I just installed the SS Wrist Lock grip and really like it! Not only does it suit my claw grip but the wrist lock feature is comfortable and has quieted everything to give me improved consistency. Adding my 75 g CounterCore weight makes it feel even better.
  4. ehamady.6

Since a standard grip is 10.5" I consider 12-13" to be long and just right for my claw grip. So I feel I need a long grip.
  5. ehamady.6

Just read the THP review of the SS Wristlock grip and ordered one. This may solve my problem. We shall see.
  6. ehamady.6

I used a Super Stroke Claw 13" putter grip for 5 years until it recently wore out. I can't find a direct replacement because I think SS has discontinued that model. I haven't been able to find a 12" to 13" long grip of any brand. I'm thinking of getting a 14" SS Traxion Tour XL Plus and cutting...
  7. ehamady.6

Why are OEM driver headcovers so awful?

Must have something to do with mass production I would think. The boxing gloves are probably easier to make therefore making them more cost effective to the manufacturer. Sounds like I watch Shark Tank (which I do). I haven't been able to find demon covers like Kevin Na's yet to replace my SIM...
  8. ehamady.6

Sun Mountain C130 Cart Bag Review

Not sure if the 14 slots are for me. Don't know where I would put my alignment sticks, Orange Whip, and ball retriever to go along with my clubs. I also don't see a good way to hold an umbrella with this bag. As much as I like the look of this bag I'll probably go for a bag with 6 slots.
  9. ehamady.6

2020 Sun Mountain bags

Do you find there is room for things like alignment sticks, ball retriever, Orange Whip, etc. with the 14 slots?
  10. ehamady.6

Show Off Your Homemade Gripping Station

I got tired of paying someone to do something so simple. And requesting multiple wraps to build up the lower hand and placing the logo down was always an adventure. Last winter I made my own station out of scrap wood and a club vise and tape dispensers I found on eBay. It pays for itself fast...
  11. ehamady.6

Ball Marker Giveaway (Limited)

I made some ball marker coins for myself when I got tired of using quarters, nickels, and dimes. Leaving the milled "swirls" in the metal immediately grabbed the attention of people I played with. I want to give a set of 2 prototype markers to 3 fellow THP members and would like to get feedback...
  12. ehamady.6

Last round of 2012

I just played my last round of 2012 which capped off the best golf season I’ve ever had. I was compelled to write this post because THP deserves much of the credit. I’ve been getting lessons from the local PGA pro over the past 2 years because I was stuck at an 8 handicap. He said my swing was...
  13. ehamady.6

Added Weight To My R11 Driver

I replaced the 10 gram weight in the heel of my R11 driver today with a 16 gram weight to try turning my fade into a power fade. It worked and added at least 15 yards to my drives. My swing speed was measured at 112 yesterday and the club feels so much better at all of the key points of my...
  14. ehamady.6

Practice Wedges and Game Wedges

Anyone use a set of wedges for the practice range and a different set for the course to protect the grooves on the gamers? I normally trade clubs in but decided to hang on to my last set of worn wedges for practice because I've heard that the grooves go dull at around 1,000 shots. That sounds...
  15. ehamady.6

Bend RBZ Hybrid Loft?

Is it possible to bend a hybrid's loft down a half of a degree? ------ Just got an email from my Carl's Golfland: "Unfortunately hybrid lofts cannot be adjusted. If we tried to bend it, the club would most likely break at the hozzle."
  16. ehamady.6

Rocketballz RBZ Tour 3 Wood - 13* vs 14.5*

I'm about upgrade from an R11 3 wood to one of the two RBZ Tour 3 woods. I've heard they spin much less than the R11. I was wondering what THP’ers who have hit the Tour RBZs think of the 13* vs. the 14.5*. I'm sure the 13* is longer off the tee, but I hit my 3 wood off the deck most of the time...
  17. ehamady.6

Traded TM Rescue 11 for RBZ Hybrid

I tried an RBZ 19* hybrid yesterday and was very impressed with its distance (220 yards) and workability. I hit it just as far as my 18* Rescue 11 off the tee and fairway but with seemingly less effort. What sold me on the RBZ was how much better it performed out of divots, sand and dense rough...
Back