Search results for query: *

1. gingerista

300yards.com - positive experience?

Has anyone purchased from 300yards.com, and if so, a positive experience? Thanks
  2. gingerista

Distance changes? KBS Wedge > DG Spiiner or KBS Hi Rev?

I'm currently using KBS wedge shafts in my wedges, and I'm consistent with my yardages on 3/4 and 1/2 swing shots. I rarely do full swings with my GW/SW/LW. I'd like more spin and have ordered new wedge heads. It seems pretty certain that I'll get more spin from either new shaft, but am...
  3. gingerista

Upgrading a Ping 189 TFC?

I'm currently playing a PUREd stock 189 TFC shaft in regular flex in my G25 driver. It does well, but am contemplating upgrading it. I'm very long with it for my stats (gender, height and weight), but little extra would make me very long. One x-actor is that I'm close to stiff flex swing speed...
  4. gingerista

5W - replace with hybrid or 3i?

I'm upgrading my 5w because I was fit for a regular flex, bordering on stiff (I'm a strong 47yo woman - former athlete and trainer). I was going to trade it in for a G25 5w and be done. However, I'm wondering if there might be another solution or benefit. My 5w (185yd) fits well ok my 4i and 3w...
  5. gingerista

Henry Griffitts Praxis driver?

I hit one of these drivers at a golf academy. I was crushing the driver. I was hesitant to buy it because I'd never heard of the company and don't like to buy without a little product knowledge. I'm probably going to buy it because it just felt so good and the results were fantastic. Has anyone...
  6. gingerista

Recommendations for San Luis Obispo/Avila Beach?

I'm going to a golf academy at Ojai and looking for a good course or two around San Luis Obispo/Avila Beach during an overnight stop, as I travel back home to Monterey Bay. Any recommendations for a great course (and hotel)? Thanks, Valerie
  7. gingerista

Lie adjustment on wedges?

When I was fit for my Mizuno irons, the fitter measured me for a 3º adjustment (they're forged and was told they can take that much). I know that 2º is pretty common. It got me to wonder if maybe my wedges could benefit from a lie adjustment. Is that something that's commonly done?
  8. gingerista

Info on Callaway HEX Black in yellow?

while back, there was mention of Callaway supposedly testing a Black in yellow. I don't recall the source but was wondering if anyone knew more about this. I've been using a Srixon Z Star XV in yellow and like the visibility. I get better distance with the Z Star but I putt and chip better with...
  9. gingerista

Hat liner?

Some of my structured hats have a liner, such as some of my Titleist hats. Does anyone know where I can buy just that front liner/structure so I can add them to some of my unstructed hats? Thanks
  10. gingerista

New Ping G series?

I've noticed the G20 line on price reduction at a few places. Usually that means... Have there been any leaks or info?
  11. gingerista

PW to compliment ATV 50º/56º?

I'm really happy with my ATV 50/56º wedges. I bought the 56 first and them replaced my Adams a12 OS gap wedge with the ATV 50º. Now I'd like to take that all a step further but the ATVs only go down to 50º and I'd like a 46º or 44º for my pitching wedge. I really like the versatility of the ATVs...
  12. gingerista

Marker or ink effecting ball flight?

I realize this could be a really stupid post or has been asked before (I searched but didn't find anything). 1) I've seen guys get worried over grass stains on balls effecting the flight. Does too much magic marker put a little weight on the ball, enough to effect it's flight? Someone told me...
  13. gingerista

Normal deal - buy two dz balls, get one dz free?

Hello, I thought I saw on one of the online stores a deal for most balls, that when you buy two dozen, you get a third dozen free. I thought it was an everyday deal. Does anyone know what site this might be? Thanks
  14. gingerista

Why so few yellow tour balls?

It seems like only mid level balls come in yellow, the exception being a Bridgestone B330-RX (and not the RXS). Any idea why that is? Is there a reason Titleist doesn't make a V1x in yellow?
  15. gingerista

Resahafting a G20 driver - "high balance point"?

hen I was fitted for my driver, the G20 was the one but I didn't think I'd play an "unsexy" club like Ping (I was set on Cleveland or TM). Anyway, I went G20 but didn't right down the shaft he matched me up with. This was at a Mom and Pop shop with a good rep, but I wonder about their test...
  16. gingerista

White Grips - What to clean with?

Hello, I've tried 409 and an extra strength Magic Eraser and can't get my white grips clean. Does anyone have any suggestions for what works for cleaning white rubber? Thanks
  17. gingerista

SGXw trickle charging?

I've got a new SkyCaddie SGXw that charges from a low charge rather quickly to full, but seems to take a long time (2-3 hours) before it shuts down when supposedly full. Is this common? It's new so if this isn't typical, I can exchange for another unit. Thanks
  18. gingerista

Caddytips?

Has anyone tried the booklets from caddytips.com? If so, are they worthwile? Anything beyond "long par 3s - practice long iron" sort of thing? Thanks
  19. gingerista

Recommend a rangefinder for driving range?

I'm looking for a recommendation for a rangefinder to figure out accurate distances at a driving range. I don't need anything more than that as I use GolfShot (and love it) on my iPhone. The disance flags never move at my range although the hitting position varies greatly. Thanks for any...
  20. gingerista

4W to replace a 3W and 5W?

I've been using my 3W for long fairway shots and also for drives around 180 tee ground high). I use the 5W for fairway shots instead of my 4H. I'd like to carry and extra wedge and am thinking of getting a 4W. My concern is that it's "neither here nor there" and won't really serve as a...
Back