Search results for query: *

1. Slaphitter

2024 TaylorMade BRNR Mini Driver Copper

I picked up a used Hzrdus Red in 5.5 flex and 42”, at 2nd Swing. Instant, huge improvement over the whippy stock shaft. And slightly shorter length has me making even better contact than before. Hit it very well today.
  2. Slaphitter

Affordable golf shirts on Amazon

I think this is definitely true.
  3. Slaphitter

The 13.5* is…pretty much magic. Mind you, I’m not a long hitter, and even in a regular driver I prefer something lofted at 11 or 11.5. But in my hands when you put a smooth swing on the Mini, it just launches. Basically the same distance as my regular driver, but a higher, soaring flight...
  4. Slaphitter

What are you drinking?

Rittenhouse Rye on one large rock.
  5. Slaphitter

The Bucket Hat thread

I need a recommendation for a bucket or an Aussie that actually fits a XXL or XXXL head. The titleist aussies are too tight, as are the Bridgestone aussies. I am ”that guy” who wears his adjustable tricker cap on the last 1-2 pegs. Whaddaplaya XL size hats fit pretty well, but they only come...
  6. Slaphitter

Watches

That’s basically the only watch on the market that I have any keen desire to add to my collection. Very, very nice.
  7. Slaphitter

Affordable golf shirts on Amazon

Random observation: I have discovered this no-name brand of golf shirt on Amazon. You definitely want to order at least 1 size larger than your usual size with major brands. I am between a 2xl and 3xl with normal brands, and in these shirts a 3xl fits me trim (but comfortable) and a 4xl is...
  8. Slaphitter

Your favorite golf trend(s) that didn't last?

Golf sandals with spikes. I guess they still sell them, somewhere. But I haven’t seen them on the course in a couple decades. Not bad for casual summer rounds when you’re riding a cart.
  9. Slaphitter

13.5 so it will serve like a 2 wood.
  10. Slaphitter

I just ordered one because I am a shameless club hoarder with poor enforcement of my own personal boundaries. I am sure I will love it and it will transform my game.
  11. Slaphitter

Swing the triangle, a tip from high school.

I chip the triangle religiously.
  12. Slaphitter

Lofts of your first irons

My very first clubs were a Spalding boxed set from 1991. The woods were some kind of graphite-impregnated plastic - an interim step after persimmon but before metal. Good luck finding specs on those. The first clubs I actually got fitted for were Hogan Apex Edge irons in 2001: Hogan...
  13. Slaphitter

Tee shot placement

It’s a mental trick and it’s generally pretty solid. You do it so you’re aiming away from the trouble (ie, generally the right side where the misses go). Doesn’t mean your drives will necessarily end up good, but it helps you focus more on your target and less on the trouble. Same strategy...
  14. Slaphitter

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers

Got my Smoke AI Max 10.5 with KaI’li Blue shaft on Friday night. First round yesterday - fantastic. I need to fiddle with the hosel and weight settings a little, but on proper swings it’s about 20 yards longer than the TSi2 I was gaming before. Total winner.
  15. Slaphitter

needs some thoughts and opinions

Oh. Thoughts an opinions on quality golf techniques? Sorry, can‘t offer anything on that one…. :ROFLMAO:
Back