Search results for query: *

1. L

What did you shoot today?

38-40-80???
  2. L

Beer in a can tastes better than beer in a bottle

Bottles or cans, to me the taste is pretty much the same. For me though, I buy cans because in our state there’s a 5 cent deposit and contractor bags of empty cans are SO much easier to toss in the back of the pickup on return day lol.
  3. L

Played a bonus 9 holes last evening just before dark. Shot 42 with the bonus of a birdie on the par 3 third hole. It’s the hardest hole on the course at 214 yards from the white tees. Narrow shot to a small elevated green guarded by a bunker in the left front and trees on the right. Pin was 15’...
  4. L

45/42=87 this morning. Hit some really good shots off the tee but as usual my approach shots weren’t great. Getting ready to make the move north in the next several days. My wife has chores for me to accomplish before that happens so it’s messing with my ability to stay focused while playing lol.
  5. L

47/40=87 in league play this morning. First nine were terrible, two doubles and a triple with 16 putts. Settled down on the back and played well. Driver was good, hit 80% fairways.
  6. L

45/40=85 this afternoon. Solo round once the RBC went into rain delay. Doubles on 4-5-6 and another on 17 were tough to overcome. Otherwise it wasn’t bad, 34 putts, 7 GIR, 10 fairways.
  7. L

lead tape can be helpful !

I have two strips on my putter, right behind the face, on the sole.
  8. L

43/42=85 today in league play. My team placed so we doubled our money. The round felt better than it scored. A couple of chip in birdies offset several doubles…kind of!
  9. L

14w bags what brand?

I have about 10-12 rounds in with a new Sun Mountain C130. No complaints. $280, well worth it.
  10. L

41/41=82 in league play this morning. Decent round, one birdie, 34 putts, 39%GIR, 73% fairways hit, and most important, zero doubles.
  11. L

2024 Eagle Count

I made my first eagle of ‘24 last Thursday afternoon. Short,narrow, 90 degree right turn par 5. Hit my tee shot 30 yards short of the turn, but as luck would have it I had a window thru the trees to the fairway and green. Hit a very good driver off the deck under and thru the trees onto the left...
  12. L

Played a solo round at the home course this morning. Hit a dozen or so shots with my driver at the range first. I’ve experimented with an exaggerated “turn over” move with my hands as I come thru contact but I didn’t have the nuts to try it on our very narrow course, yet. The range shots felt...
  13. L

44/42=86 today. Started with a triple on the first, a par 5. I did win our three ball match against my brother and a friend so it was a pretty enjoyable round.
  14. L

45/41=86 in mens league play today. So-so round. Didn’t hit the ball bad but got a few bad bounces with unplayable lies that added strokes to the final tally. Beer was cold at the clubhouse 19th hole😎🍺👍!
  15. L

Who’s with me? Hitting off mats is the worst.

I prefer grass but mats have a place in my practice routine. If I struggle with a particular club during a round, off to the range I go (two minute cart ride from my home). I take the offending club/clubs, a can of spray foot powder and start hitting off the mat. The intent is to re-center...
  16. L

Went out after supper this evening and played the front nine at the home course. Shot a 39 with one double, two birdies, the rest pars and bogies. Hit 75% of fairways, 15 putts, 44% of GIR.
  17. L

37/42=79 today at a course across town. Played the gold tees with a couple of older friends who don’t hit very far. 5545 yards, 68.3/112. Without the three doubles it would have been a great round!
  18. L

2024 Round Count

65 as of today.
  19. L

Surgery - male related

Good luck! I had it done 31 years ago. Procedure was on Thursday, the following Monday I performed an Army physical fitness test. Sit ups were a bit uncomfortable but no issues. The only weird thing I’ve experienced is “leakage” after busting a nut. Annoying but bearable.
Back