Search results for query: *

1. Slot708

Video Games Thread

I do believe.I follow a local lady that has been doing that ghost hunting for years and years.Ninety percent of the time they never find anything.But some of the stuff they found is down right freighting.She sent me a picture of a full specter that a camera caught. It was just crazy spooky. Was...
  2. Slot708

Hit Instict any solutions

3. Slot708

All great swings in the history have a cast,a hit and over the top.The difference between them and mere mortals is (when and where it happens).They use the club for how it was designed
  4. Slot708

Who is the best YouTube instructor? And why is it Danny Maude?

This guy really puts it all out there.And he responds to post questions at no charge.
  5. Slot708

Video Games Thread

ncaa will be this biggest hit of the year.People downloading it opening night might break the servers I want to reply to Tucsoncacti.But after reading his haunted house thread.Im afraid I could catch a spook watching who replies to him
  6. Slot708

You can hit as hard as you want.And come OTT as much as you can in the swing.Infact that is the best way to advance a golf ball.Just need to know when you can
  7. Slot708

How Strong Is Your Grip?

My instructor worked the correct grip with me for 3 straight lessons.You may think your doing it right..but believe me.You aren’t.It feels like a totally new way to hold the club.But without proper one on one instruction.I would’ve never known.Played 20 Plus years with an improper grip
  8. Slot708

Tell Me About Your Wrists Before Impact

When it comes to amateur golf.There are no right or wrongs.Some may need manipulation ; some not.Listen to your instructor.And work really hard on whatever he/she has you do
  9. Slot708

Red Lobster Files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy

nothing ruins a nice community/neighborhood more.Than a greasy chicken joint like a Canes.The clientele that is
  10. Slot708

What are the signs of a bad Instructor?

The ones who talk like they are smartest guys in the room.Than you ask them to demonstrate and you get crickets
  11. Slot708

Video Games Thread

On Act 3 of Baldur’s Gate 3.Something about an alien/nether realm race called the Mine Flayers turns me off.For me this should be more like classic D+D. Dragons,orcs,skeletons,wizards,knights.. stuff like that.But going down with other realms loses the appeal for me.Almost done.. Can’t wait for...
  12. Slot708

Convinced my nephew to change majors

That is the bad thing about typing what I tried online.People can read it differently than intended.We have one shot at life.Enjoy it how you like keep in mind that many a fine teacher arent PGA of America members.Infact I would even bet most top teachers aren’t associated with them.
  13. Slot708

Many courses in my area have gone away from PGA pros in the course setting.The PGA program made it a common practice you have to pay an assistant pga x.And pay a head pga pro x.Now they can have retired or college help during the summers running the shops.Or even an outside managing company...
  14. Slot708

Unsolicited gold advice- what’s your stance

No different than key board David Ledbetter wannabes on a golf forum.Amazing how they seem to know it all.. been there and done that.
  15. Slot708

I get it.. but he, his family seem happy with this decision.We even told him to shadow a pro shop manager for a day if they let him.Its just odd you have a to be a 70’s shooting golfer to be a pga pro.For me, as long as my clubs are on the cart, the range has balls for warm up, and I have...
  16. Slot708

It’s all about connections. But working in a pro shop for$17 is a slap in the face after a college degree. And some have been in that shop for a long long time making that after college. Yes, love of the game. I get it. But comes a point where love of the game versus having a nice life for you...
  17. Slot708

It had a lot to do with his golf playing ability as well.He shoots 80-90, which he was told may be a problem passing his PAT.(Player Ability Test).Didn’t know you had to shoot like a tour pro to sell golf gloves and tees.But what do I know $50 to $70k is struggling if your trying to have.Or...
  18. Slot708

I think your numbers are for top rated courses. What I saw was assistant pga pros who completed their class work make $15-$17 an hour.Many are salary and have no to little insurance of any kind.The head golf pro is a average salary of $50-$70 k.These are Illinois numbers albeit.But a salary that...
  19. Slot708

He loves golf.And anything is better than making peanuts working in a golf pro shop.We told him use his intelligence and go for the money
  20. Slot708

YouTube Rabbit Hole

Not sure a rabbit hole.I joined the Be Better Golf member site on YouTube a while back.The creator of that channel has been to the top of the top teachers. In his member site he will post his range sessions after seeing a teacher showing his progress.And he opens it up for discussion on what he...
Back