Search results for query: *

1. River19

Tee up Wedges on Par-3s?

I played my first round of the year yesterday and forgot a simple thing that I concluded last season......I cannot and should not tee up my Cleveland wedges on Par-3s.......the tee (even if damn flush with the turf) just catches the club and opens the face...... I know I should of just ditched...
  2. River19

The impact of lie and grain.......?

The more I play and the more I try and work on my game the more comfortable I get with what I am good at and specifically not good at currently......... Aside from the seeming inability to putt better than a blind monkey last week (which is entirely fixable), I think the one "course management"...
  3. River19

Joining a Club - Things to consider/why did you?

I have been exploring some of the private/semi-private golf clubs within reasonable driving distance from our home and it got me wondering what the key reasons the folks on THP have or have not joined a club? In my personal circumstance, our weekends are relatively busy and we have a cabin...
  4. River19

Shot Making (draw/fade) - Why?

The title is slightly misleading in that I clearly understand the advantages of shot making to fit the shape of a hole or to possibly hold the line against the wind but why the heavy emphasis on damn near every shot? What is so wrong about just hitting the damn thing straight at your...
  5. River19

Another New Member from NH

Been lurking for a little bit, decided to dive in..... 48 year old golfer from the Monadnock region of New Hampshire. Play roughly 27 holes a week with 18 of those with my wife who enjoys the game as well. Invested in a new set of clubs and fitting this at age 48 and finally moved on from my...
Back