Search results for query: *

1. River19

What did you shoot today?

41 in the rain this morning. Didn't take reading putts as seriously as normal as standing out in the rain wasn't worth it....... Some good shots and a few mediocre ones. I need to get back to focusing on course management more and picking pins to actually fire at vs. "just aim center...
  2. River19

What did I shoot.....don't know.....it was a messy 9 hole scramble with the wife and I didn't add it up, just turned in the card. It wasn't good. I did what I could but unfortunately my wife had a really off night on anything tee to green. Although we used her drives a couple times as I took...
  3. River19

43. It was meh, but fun with the wife.
  4. River19

39 yesterday......solid round. HCP still dropping slightly...... chipping and putting.....it's where it is at. Have rounds scheduled with my wife the next 3 days. Weather is iffy.....50s cloudy with showers......
  5. River19

Srixon ZX Mk II Drivers, Fairways and Hybrids

I will say again the ZXII 3W is a cheat code......I leave the driver in the bag most holes as the 3W is good for 270 carry for me right now and the ball flight is amazing and straight...... Against the wind was 260yds for me......with the wind the other day the ball sat at 295 from the tee...
  6. River19

40. Would have been better but had a double on the 1 HCP hole......mishit 3w off the tee and recovered to get to the green putting for par but mis-read my lag.....ended up 3 putting. 2 Birdies in the 9 holes however.....some decent wedge play but not as close to the pin on a couple so 2...
  7. River19

What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

9 holes in first thing this morning before meetings started for the day.......had a good round which makes 2 in a row...... Came home and in between meetings hit the putting mat and chipping mat outside my office downstairs.......that mat is single handedly responsible for my improvement on the...
  8. River19

38 which is +3 on the back nine early morning at the club. Followed the guy around setting today's pins and tees......he chose wisely lol. From 120yds in I am feeling pretty good right now. Not that I'm feeling bad up to 120yds, but from 120yds in is where I am picking up strokes compared to...
  9. River19

43/39 = 82 Took the day off to do some things and figured might as well make my early morning walking 9 an 18 walk instead. Made some putts I have no business making. The putting and chipping mat my wife got me for Christmas is really paying off.......nice to be confident over a 10'...
  10. River19

New England Members

It will be lovely when we can get away from the buzzkill that are "Frost Delays". During the week I am relegated to early tee times to try and get 9 in before meetings begin etc. but I have been running into 30-60+min frost delays.....which I fully support for the health of the course but...
  11. River19

OK, makes sense. I had to swap out the HZRDUS on my Driver as well for an Evenflow as well. Thinking the 60 with a 6.0 might be the ticket.......
  12. River19

I am contemplating possibly getting a ZX MkII 5W to swap out occasionally for my ZX Utility 3Iron. While I hit the 3 Iron well I get a LOT of roll from it, which is great on certain holes but not on others. For Driver I have the ZX5 LS and love it and I have the MkII 3w however I have a...
  13. River19

Observations, mostly snarky, after 64 years in the game.

Unfortunately the poop rolls downhill and the obsessive behaviors seen each week on all the tours influences how the casual golfer plays as well. There has always been a pace of play challenge on most if not all public courses but watching mid handicappers performing the same complex green...
  14. River19

What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Had a 7am tee time, but we had a frost hold for 45 mins so that would unfortunately mean I would only get a few holes in before a 9:30am meeting, so I walked over tot the range instead and turned it into a range morning. Probably a better option anyways since it was only my second time touching...
  15. River19

Tee up Wedges on Par-3s?

For clarity, it was a 3" thick plastic tee pushed down damn near the full length. The tee does not break or "give" when you hit just the very head of it with the rest of the length firmly in the turf. So I don't think any internet "alternate physics" was at play, it was just a bonehead move...
  16. River19

Tee up Wedges on Par-3s?

Appreciate the thought, but without the tee there is no issue for me.............I am very consistent and accurate with those wedges. I was just curious as to what others do as never paid attention to it previously....... The last thing I need is more grip strength, swing speed, etc.
  17. River19

Tee up Wedges on Par-3s?

Got it. I have honestly never noticed what others do as they are usually hitting 9i or longer on most Par 3s but yesterday 150 down hill with a 20-30mph wind was a 54 for me and there I was trying to recall the last time I tee'd off with that short a club.......lol
  18. River19

Tee up Wedges on Par-3s?

I played my first round of the year yesterday and forgot a simple thing that I concluded last season......I cannot and should not tee up my Cleveland wedges on Par-3s.......the tee (even if damn flush with the turf) just catches the club and opens the face...... I know I should of just ditched...
  19. River19

The best shot of the round

Shot #1 of the year for me yesterday......295yd drive striped right down the middle, straight, no fade, no draw.........validating my shaft upgrade to X-stiff....... That was a keeper......
Back