Search results for query: *

1. B

Which Ball Would You Play?

I'll take ball 1 for the consistent results--and practice with it 'til it's at my total command. With such low standard deviations, it wouldn't take much work to figure out exactly how to play it.
  2. B

Do you Clean Your Clubs?

I wipe 'em down as I go. If I encounter mud or turf sticking to the clubface during a round the whole set gets a soak and scrub after I get home. I also soak and scrub balls I plan to keep in service after every round, and inspect them as I dry them off with a towel. At the end of the season...
  3. B

2024 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

My bad, I guess I should have said "more dense/compact than fat"...
  4. B

2024 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

I'm absolutely with you on that one...I walk/carry all of my solo 9-hole rounds and it helps not only with weight control, but also with strength. Me, I'm down 19 pounds for 2024, mostly from going to a carb-restricted diet. I haven't lost any weight this week, but my mirror tells me that...
  5. B

Club clean up for resale - what do you use?

I've used Bar Keeper's Friend liquid on club faces, soles and especially steel shafts with nice results. Would be careful not to get the stuff on painted surfaces, though.
  6. B

Club in your bag you WILL NOT replace this year?

My 3W, putters and brand-new 18-degree UI aren't going anywhere. I'm really fussy about taking care of my clubs, but between lessons and practicing much more than ever before, the rest of the bag is getting worn and tired quicker than I ever thought possible. Was hoping to hold off on new...
  7. B

Oldest club that you still put in to play?

Eh, if you must know… I use a V-groove Eye 2 PW as my GW.
  8. B

New Year newbie saying hi

Welcome to THP...and welcome back to golf! Myself, I returned to the game this past summer after 13 seasons off. It's amazing to me how much better golf equipment has gotten while I was away.
  9. B

How is your 2024 bag looking?

Working on the top end of my bag this off-season. Cane back to golf last June after leaving the game in 2010, and have since upgraded everything except my putter, 3w, LW, and driving iron with newer, used gear. For 2024, I've ordered a new 18 degree Wilson Staff Utility Iron yesterday to...
  10. B

What Would It Take For You To Put Wilson Equipment In The Bag?

I've played several models of Wilson balls over the decades, and ordered a 18-degree Wilson Staff Utility Iron today. Honestly, I've yet to purchase a Wilson ball that I couldn't play an enjoyable round of golf with, and on that basis, I'm willing to give their clubs a fair audition. That...
  11. B

What golf stuff did you buy today?

Thanks to a Deal Of The Day post by TJRyska, I went to Rock Bottom Golf and ordered a Wilson Staff Utility Iron just now; 18 degrees; Stiff flex. Can't wait to try 'er out... Further poking around RBG, I found the Bridgestone Sunday bag I've long been considering at just $74.97. Couldn't pass...
  12. B

2024 Wilson Staff Model Golf Balls

I just took a peek at the Wilson Golf website and it's been completely overhauled since I last visited a couple of months ago. Nicely imaged and logically arranged, "revolutionary" isn't too strong a word to describe the improvement over what I last saw in '23. I am also a fan of Wilson Golf...
  13. B

Spin-off: How often do you retire a golf ball?

After a wash and dry, if a ball's cover feels slick instead of squeaky or grabby, it gets repurposed as a range ball. Cut or scuffed balls go in the trash, where they belong.
  14. B

Will You Stock Up Before The Rollback?

Won't be stocking up. I don't play non-conforming gear, and I already have about 10 dozen balls on hand to use up before the rollback.
  15. B

Why Are You Playing the Ball That You Do?

The Bridgestone e9 became my go-to ball this past summer. Excellent tactile response ensures putts and chips go off with pinpoint precision, exactly as planned. The compression and satisfying "twack" at impact are just right. It's long and straight off the tee. I get tighter dispersion...
  16. B

Which Club, Ball, or Accessory maker is abusing your inbox right now?

Adams Golf keeps reminding me about my 20% off promo code, but almost every club they offer is sold out. Bah!
  17. B

Do Use a Different Ball in the Off Season?

Absolutely! I've noticed no difference in the splash these make going into the drink versus the more expensive balls I normally play. 😁
  18. B

Do Use a Different Ball in the Off Season?

I have a stash of Wilson ProStaff 360 Max Distance balls from before I left the game in 2010. They were my favorite ball back then, and they're a very bright orange. Easy to see in the rough and when the leaves are coming down. They still play well--I got my HIO with one in June--but they're...
  19. B

Do you rotate clubs?

After hours and hours spent on the range this past summer carefully evaluating the 49 clubs I have on hand, I've assembled the set of 14 that works the best. I've also assembled a dedicated "best of the rest" 7-club set for walking my home course, but if we're riding, the bag o' 14 comes with...
  20. B

Who is getting new irons in 2024?

Was hoping to wait 'til 2025, but my current irons may not last that long with all the extra practice I've been putting in.
Back