Search results for query: *

1. G

Feeling Terrible Because I Hit A Kid In The Face With A Drive Today

The title says it all. Absolutely crushed a drive on the 13th hole today, but pushed it toward the 14th tee box. There are trees in the way and I can't see if anyone is on that tee box to know if I need to yell "FORE!". So, I'm walking to my ball and I'm horrified to see that 1) there is a...
  2. G

Well, My Mind is Officially Blown

I just put a set of Callaway B21 irons in the bag, 4-AW. Ordered them off of eBay with 65 gram regular flex graphite shafts thinking I would just reshaft them with something much stiffer and heavier. I went ahead and put them in the bag today as-is for a quick round. Holy smokes, these irons...
  3. G

I'm not sure whether to be disappointed or happy about this...

So I just bought a new Callaway Apex UW in 19°. The package arrived today, I get home from work and open it. Take off the plastic, get the club in the address position, and it doesn't look like 19 degrees. So I put it on my spec gauge and sure enough, it's only got 17 degrees of loft (nice...
  4. G

I'm So Tired of Being Discriminated Against by OEMs! (This is totally tongue-in-cheek)

For some reason, the Srixon ZX5 Mk II irons have been REALLY calling out to me lately, and I was seriously considering pulling the trigger on a set. So I went to the Srixon website to check the specs on them today, and I see that they don't make the gap wedge in left-handed. What the hell...
  5. G

This Should Be Loads of Fun!

It's my birthday, and we were blessed with some nice weather in the 50's, so I'm headed out to the course with my boys for a round of golf. I've decided to play with my laminated maple woods and some old forged blades today, so the score will likely be MUCH higher than normal, but it's all...
  6. G

Who's the Biggest Club Ho on the Forum?

On other forums, it's almost a badge of honor, but it doesn't really get talked about much on here: which THP'er has the most golf clubs? I'm going to set the bar pretty high right off the bat, but surely someone has me beat. This is what I have off the top of my head without going through...
  7. G

Subconsciously Going Into "Golf Shutdown Mode"

As the season is winding down, my interest in golf is starting to wane. This happens with me every year, albeit it's a bit early this year. It's like a switch has been flipped and now I'm much more interested in playing my drums. I just ordered some new tom heads and a couple new pedals for my...
  8. G

Anybody in the NE Missouri/SE Iowa area?

I live in northeast Missouri and it would be cool to get together with some fellow THPers in the future, if possible. Is anyone somewhat close?
  9. G

What Is Your Preferred Shot Shape With The Driver?

Draw or fade? Lately I've been playing a fade and it is very reliable and keeps me out of trouble (for the most part). I would rather hit a draw if I had the choice, but I just don't pull it off often enough. I end up hitting a straight push far too often and go left of left (I golf lefty)...
  10. G

Bought a Set of Recoil Proto 125's, Can't Decide What to Do With Them

Title says it all. I bought a new set of Recoil Proto 125 iron shafts, and I've been wrestling with myself as to what irons to install them in. I have a super nice set of Mizuno MX 25's 5-PW plus MP Fli Hi 3 and 4 irons. That seems like a decent choice, but I kinda want something a little...
Back