Search results for query: *

1. G

Well, this is sobering……

Eh, he pissed me off. But yes, calling him an asshat was unnecessary.
  2. G

Well, this is sobering……

Idk. I guess some people are just insecure when someone can do something that they can't, so they have to talk 💩to make themselves feel better?
  3. G

Well, this is sobering……

It's a 29 degree 7 iron, so it's basically a 5 iron, hence the quotes around the number 7. It did happen and I hit that club almost every time I play that hole and get on or around the green every time. I don't have to prove a damn thing to you, asshat.
  4. G

TRI-hot:1 , Scorpion: 0

Come to Missouri. Maybe you could be STLJeff?
  5. G

Well, this is sobering……

The percentage of golfers who have a handicap is way lower than 50 percent. There are over 26 million golfers in the United States, and only 3 million have an index. The information in the article is based on golfers with an index, but golfers without an index far outnumber them. And we can...
  6. G

TRI-hot:1 , Scorpion: 0

Well, so much for ever moving back to Texas. Might as well move to Australia where they have the deadliest everything known to man.
  7. G

Well, this is sobering……

I've just come to the realization of how much ALL of us have to gain from modern club technology. Looking at my signature, most people would assume I'm a total hack, but if I carried an index I would be a single digit. I bought most of my current bag in the last few weeks as an experiment, and...
  8. G

Well, this is sobering……

I don't disagree with you, but I think more golfers took the game more seriously prior to the covid boom and the influx of bro golfers who are just on the course to have fun and don't give a damn about actually playing well. So hypothetically, let's just say the pre-covid golfers were more...
  9. G

Well, this is sobering……

I question the accuracy of the information contained in the article. We have to assume the VAST majority of golfers don't keep a handicap index. So out of the relatively few who do, there appears to be a reduction in the number of 25+ handicappers. But I would say the golfers who do keep an...
  10. G

Next to win 10 Majors?

Scottie and Brooks are the only two players I could see maybe having a chance. Rory is in his own head and will probably never win number 5, let alone get to 10. Nobody else would have a chance in hell.
  11. G

What's worse then flip flops on the putting green?

I agree. People who spit sunflower seed shells onto the greens are total D-bags and deserve to be kicked in the nuts.
  12. G

Total distance question

He said he carries driver 200 yards. Either he makes terrible contact all the time, or he isn't really swinging very fast. Either way, I still recommend hybrids or high-lofted fairway woods as they are much easier to hit and get the ball in the air. No sense making the game harder than it has to be.
  13. G

Total distance question

It's pretty common among golfers with slower swing speeds to have the longer irons kind of bunch up distance-wise. It's because the swing is too slow to properly elevate the long irons and the golfer just doesn't get enough carry distance from them. The solution is usually to replace the longer...
  14. G

Ever unable to watch the PGA due to incredibly irritating commercials? Or is this weekend the first?

How about the bent carrot ads?! WTF?! I watch online @ CBSsports.com, so not sure if these ads make it to TV, but that :poop: is ridiculous to put on TV if so.
  15. G

Build/Fill Your Golf Bag with $15

Mavrik driver $4 V Steel Fairway woods $1 Callaway CF16 irons $2 Cleveland 588 wedges $2 Odyssey Jailbird putter $4 All-in for $13. I'll use the extra $2 for a hotdog at the turn.
  16. G

Why do Tour Players use staff bags?

It's because they're all poseurs! Only poseurs use staff bags! :ROFLMAO:
  17. G

Why do Tour Players use staff bags?

I just bought a Callaway Fairway 14 stand bag and I quite like it. Honestly, I have 6 14-way bags and I much prefer them to any other top configuration. To each his own. But I'm with you on the Sunday bag thing. There is no point to them.
  18. G

Are Sunglasses Optional?

I wear my prescription polarized sunglasses any time I'm outside with even a hint of sunshine. My eyes are grey, so I'm pretty sensitive to bright light. They never come off during a round, unless I get sunscreen in my eyes and need to rinse it out. The polarization also makes it easier to...
  19. G

How can some states have such cheap memberships?

I pay $720 a year for unlimited golf with no cart. My course isn't super nice or fancy, but I don't care. I just want the course in good condition with good greens, and it provides that.
Back